Treetops Newport

HDAV

Only once within the past 3-4 months. Every time I go I'm reminded why I've not been back for so long. Cartridge bins overflowing, constant streams of no birds and usually only one of the traps working on a couple of stands. Gone way downhill since I started shooting about 4 years ago.

Only once within the past 3-4 months. Every time I go I'm reminded why I've not been back for so long. Cartridge bins overflowing, constant streams of no birds and usually only one of the traps working on a couple of stands. Gone way downhill since I started shooting about 4 years ago.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I was a big fan but they seem to pay more attention to paintball.

There are hardly ever any counters for the claymate system and sometimes its an arduous wait.

The place looks like a building site too, but the staff are at least friendly.

Well it was better than I expected a few folks about but got a claymate straight away had a few no birds obvisously still picking up clays.....

Bins weren't full for a change, actually saw staff pick up empties and put them in the bin.

Targets weren't great poor mix and very samey.... £14 for 50 practice and didn't ask about a cart prices. The shop they made such a fuss about had nothing of note and no guns on display.

No food on offer and the lodge looks worse now than it did before.

Wasn't a total disaster but not gong to rush back..... Anyone here shoot at llandaff? Or Cwmbran? Fancy having a go at some straw bale type sporting

Edited by HDAV

The Ewenny club (Dragon Clay Sports) is supposed to be good, with DTL put on, on a Wednesday. I've known the owner, Phil, for many years.

shoot sat and Wednesday?

Llandaff is shot on museum of when life st st Fagans I think, there is one called forrestors as well I think. Cwmbran there are 2 possibly one Cwmbran gun club and another in a field

There used to be a local club league going back 5 years or so not sure if it still happens

Edited by HDAV

shoot sat and Wednesday?

Llandaff is shot on museum of when life st st Fagans I think, there is one called forrestors as well I think. Cwmbran there are 2 possibly one Cwmbran gun club and another in a field

There used to be a local club league going back 5 years or so not sure if it still happens

I think it's open most days, but Wednesday is when DTL is put on. My mate was enquiring about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it's open most days, but Wednesday is when DTL is put on. My mate was enquiring about it.

Shot there yesterday, nice little layout for the DTL but no cover, looked a nice sporting layout too will go back and give it a bash. Very friendly atmosphere, and open for sorting every day except Sunday. DTL just Wednesday at present but may change in the new year.

Not the easiest place to find tho...