Beans once more.

motty

A few of you have read about my day out last Saturday. After getting Muncher to check the same field for me yesterday, we decided to shoot it again. The line in was still very strong, so we had high hopes of another good day. There was obviously going to be no way we could get as many as last week, but surely another ton was on the cards.

The farmer had told me that he planned to drill the field today (after midday), so we decided to start earlier than last week. I arrived at 7.30am and sat and watched. I decided that the same spot as last week would do nicely. Muncher soon arrived, along with his brother, Farma Geddon.

The day started with an amusing incident involving a large apple, which I will not go into.

I had 0 dead birds to start with, so I put out a few plastics. It took a little while to kill a couple to put out on the magnet. Though understandably a little wary, the inclusion of a couple of rotary devices certainly helped to get the attention of the pigeons. A third was added later on, along with three angels.

Many pigeons presented themselves on the very edge of range. This called for some accurate shooting and occasionally a blast with Farma's double discharge gun. This s/s has the function of firing both barrels with the back trigger - certainly the tool for taking on the very longest range birds. Each of us used the weapon to good effect during the day.

Today we toiled away, and managed to get to 100 at just after midday. Fortunately for us, the farmer had had a breakdown, which ensured he would not get to our field today.

Clouds of pigeons were seen now and again in various places in the distance. They were pigeons that we had not let in to feed. Every now and then we had flocks of a few hundred swirl round and over the decoys. A few would peel off and come to see us.

By 3pm the action was slowing down a little. We still had enough pigeons coming to get to 200. We decided to pack up at 3.45pm. The dogs did well in picking up and really earned their keep.

The final tally was 212 pigeons and 1 crow. It was a day full of laughs and good shooting - thoroughly enjoyable.

WP_20161015_0071_zpsllqc43wk.jpg

The day started with an amusing incident involving a large apple, which I will not go into.

The mind boggles!

Great bag yet again, i had wondered where all the pigeons gone, Norfolk obviously.

well shot. :good:

Edited by aga man

Oh to live in that County

Where pigeons are very bounty

Full as we can see

From the reports of Motty.

Motty, Muncher and Farma have struck it rich

Standing in a Norfolk ditch

Shooting like a dream

These boys are the A Team

My house is now for sale

It's an interesting tale

PW will be all-a talk

About my move to Norfolk.

All the week we have been hearing about a shortage of pigeons, then the boys up north knocked up another fantastic bag , well done to all three and I am very impressed with your dogs , they look a picture of health and very contented looking dogs .

What with Mr JDog thinking of emigrating across the border and P C had his first blank last week in 25 years we could soon be overrun with hungry pigeon shooters , so as much as we like your posts and videos tell them you got them in Lincolnshire and lead them on a wild goose chase instead of a pigeon bonanza :lol:

Full as we can see

Shooting like a dream

My house is now for sale

It's an interesting tale

PW will be all-a talk

:good:

Full as we can see

Shooting like a dream

My house is now for sale

It's an interesting tale

PW will be all-a talk

I don't want to be the one to tell you this JDog ...but plenty of pigeons around Burford and Stow at the moment.. and have been since you moved. :lol::lol:

Very good rhyme by the way. :good:

Edited by Adge Cutler