Cartridge Price Increase

shaun4860

Our dealer as well as Bywell Shooting Ground has told me of massive increase in prices as of Monday,

Eley

RC

To start with and you can guarantee others will follow,

Eley have been holding stocks back so can release when prices go up,

They have also stopped making Imperial (dirt cheap cartridges) as it's taking away sales from there other budget cartridges.....

Worrying times ahead

:shaun:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures mentioned were 20% of one source and around £20 per thousand off another,

Seems very steep but will have to wait and see

If either are anywhere close then it's bad news,

These were clay cartridge prices by the way but I can't see them doing one and not the other

:shaun:

Used to able to get clay loads for about £35, so £20/1000 increase is about right to what they've already gone up by. Express English Sporter are cheapest I think at the minute, I can check trade price list tomorrow 😉 RC have never been cheap, not quite Gamebore money tho, bet they're hoping they don't have to push prices up!!

Last big jump was the lead price,strangely they didn`t come down when lead prices fell......................

There was a substantial overnight increase about 6 wks ago too on Justcarts ,Bywell & other websites but no one seemed to pick up on it as it was well before most peoples game season started.

Most manufacturers and distributors for all industries will use this as an opportunity to grab more cash, their costs go up by 10% and pass on 17.5% to us, no one complains.

Many manufacturers feel U.K. Has had it too good for too long, racketeering...

Don't forget all of these companies will have a currency strategy to cope with much of this downside so their real cost increase may be less than 2-3%

just because bywell is putting there prices up it does not mean everyone else will , bywell is pretty cheep compared to a lot places , maybe there just putting up prices in line with others and now trying to justify it to its regular shooters , just cartridges have over the past month have infact dropped the price on a couple of well know shells ,

the two local rfds to me know nothing of " massive price increases "

so the answers simple, buy from elsewhere

Most manufacturers and distributors for all industries will use this as an opportunity to grab more cash, their costs go up by 10% and pass on 17.5% to us, no one complains.

Many manufacturers feel U.K. Has had it too good for too long, racketeering...

Don't forget all of these companies will have a currency strategy to cope with much of this downside so their real cost increase may be less than 2-3%

I think the real pain is not with the large manufactures or distributors who are quick to pass the increases on to the retailer, but the retailer who is then struggling to pass the increases on to the customers.

The retailer is at the sharp end and face a daily struggle to stay in business. Shooting is for most a recreational hobby which if times get tuff you can chose to do less or buy that new gun next year so ever increasing prices are a threat to the retailers.

One supplier I was recently speaking to was taking a hit on the price of new stock by not passing on the price increases in the fear that by doing so would result in less sales and the hope that better times will soon return and the pound increase in value and normal profit be restored how long they can do that for remains to be seen and it may not be long.

I think it's time to support UK manufacturing, Hull and Proper are the only UK owned manufacturers, as we know others such as Eley and Gamebore assemble in the U.K. but they are foreign owned!

Proper do an exact copy of the RC Sipe much cheaper!

I think express are uk owned also.