Cartridge Price Increase

shaun4860

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pint of Guinness and a pint of pale ale came to over £8 down my local. Thank god I don't go drinking much. Ridiculous!

I wonder how much a couple of pints of milk would cost if the producers, the middlemen and the retailers had the same profit margins.

Edit: Sorry, I digressd.

Edited by wymberley

Inevitable consequence due to the effect on the £ due to Brexit. As everone knows Unilever are passing on 17% increases to Tesco who arn't happy about it, but what can they do ?

At the end of the day Unilever aren't a charity and they will still sell stuff abroad so don't need to make a loss selling here.

Inflation looks to be fact of life for a while. It's expected to hit the poorest in society hardest.

We were warned.

Anyone bought Hull cartridges lately,seem to be in short supply.??.

No problem here. I one or two slabs from one of three places per week with no problem. A good few of my shooting mates do the same without problems.

Are you talking about clay or game shells ?

Clay cartridges mate.

Seems the club cannot get hold of them.??.

In that case deffo no problems getting them. Even all the clay grounds we go to has loads. In fact I bought a load yesterday.

Stock up now Stevo ..... they will only go in one direction .... and faster than you think.

I'm not so sure Steve I've been buying them from cockett farm for the same price for the past 12 months. However if they do I will just change bands. IMO if your willing to pay £200 per thou there all just as good.

Reload ;) is the best option.. scrap lead as not gone up by 20% or 20 quid, and reclaimed lead shot should i ever use up the 60KG i have at the moment has not gone up, so its only the astronomic price of powder thats upsetting me.

Even non tox Bismuth is just over 12 quid a kilo now in ingot form, so even taking into account heat for manufacturing shot from the ingots its a saving on any factory offerings.

Powders the killer its expensive these days.

Edited by TONY R

Reload ;) is the best option.. scrap lead as not gone up by 20% or 20 quid, and reclaimed lead shot should i ever use up the 60KG i have at the moment has not gone up, so its only the astronomic price of powder thats upsetting me.

Even non tox Bismuth is just over 12 quid a kilo now in ingot form, so even taking into account heat for manufacturing shot from the ingots its a saving on any factory offerings.

Powders the killer its expensive these days.

That's no good to clay /comp shooters

Johnny their prices will be going up too as their cartridge components will be costing more thanks to us leaving the EU. My son is a manager for a major electrical chain shop and at a recent meeting was told they expect all non English produced electrical goods ( about 99% of them ) to be increasing by 20-25 % by the summer. Brexit may be ok for those who can afford the higher prices , but the man in the street is going to be hit very hard. Why did not people think with their heads rather than with their hearts in the EU vote? O I forgot the vote out bregade said these price rises was just scare mongering. Just wait until inflation starts to pick up these rises as they filter through and the next thing will be mass unemployment and tax rises. All we have done is to cut off our noses to spite our faces.

Edited by anser2

Johnny their prices will be going up too as their cartridge components will be costing more thanks to us leaving the EU. My son is a manager for a major electrical chain shop and at a recent meeting was told they expect all non English produced electrical goods ( about 99% of them ) to be increasing by 20-25 % by the summer. Brexit may be ok for those who can afford the higher prices , but the man in the street is going to be hit very hard. Why did not people think with their heads rather than with their hearts in the EU vote? O I forgot the vote out bregade said these price rises was just scare mongering. Just wait until inflation starts to pick up these rises as they filter through and the next thing will be mass unemployment and tax rises. All we have done is to cut off our noses to spite our faces.

You do seem a little bitter about the vote. I'm glad the way the vote went. If cartridge prices go up a little because of it, so be it. Mass unemployment? I don't think so.

You are a self centered short term thinker unable to see the future and one of those who can't take a risk.

What about all the electrical goods made in Asia surely they aren't affected by leaving the eu if anything a better deal is to be had, besides all that we are still in the Eu and will be for a good while yet,and this is all speculation started by the markets to get things moving and make them some money!

What about all the electrical goods made in Asia surely they aren't affected by leaving the eu if anything a better deal is to be had, besides all that we are still in the Eu and will be for a good while yet,and this is all speculation started by the markets to get things moving and make them some money!

Exactly how im thinking.. Its amazing how the market fluxuates all the time, granted the poubx has not dropped like this in a long time but other thing move up and down all the time, bever Being blamed for the eu. Now prices Change and its because we brexited.. Oh wait we haven't yet and wont until 2019..

You are a self centered short term thinker unable to see the future and one of those who can't take a risk.

No not at all but as someone who has already lost out in a big way from brexit from cancelled contracts for HLS which are paid for by the EU and the way prices are going I am going to lose out even more. As for the risk we have already taken one and its not paid off , daft to take risks when we had a much safer future within the EU. I am no lover of the EU , but Brexit if fine if you can afford it , but I cant.

Why is it that most of the pro Brexit voters stoop to abuse anyone who disagrees with them? In contrast when i look at the EU and what it has given this country over the last 50 years, a good standard of living and more important peace in Europe ( apart from the odd minor skirmish ) and we are in the process of chucking that all away because those in favour of brexit do not like sharing power with a partnership of countries in which 90% of the time we get our own way anyway. .

Edited by anser2