Cartridge Price Increase

shaun4860

That's no good to clay /comp shooters

How would they know? I could load A Old in decent condition box of blue diamond shells, Put em in a blue diamond box and who could tell. Who would look.

And anyway what rule you broke its not like its a civil law like non tox shot in fowling.

Just an organisation or club rule which its time they droipped it anyway.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about all the electrical goods made in Asia surely they aren't affected by leaving the eu if anything a better deal is to be had, besides all that we are still in the Eu and will be for a good while yet,and this is all speculation started by the markets to get things moving and make them some money!

Yes they are made in Asia, but the world trades in dollars and with the low £ exchange rate against not just the $ ,but also many of the other world curencies most of which are now worth more against the pound. Today on the markets out of 50 curencies 12 are up against the Pound, 2 are unchanged and the pound is worth less against 36. So its not just the dollar that is causing the price rises. And this trend has been going on since Brexit started.

As for the price of cartridges lead is traded in $ on the world market, Plastic wads and cases ( made from oil ) are traded in $ the metal in cartridge heads are traded in $. Not sure about the gun powder and primers , but the majority of the parts used in a cartridge are traded in $ on the world market so as the £ drops in value so cartridges are going to cost more.

Edited by anser2

The pound is in free fall and who knows where it will bottom out over the next few months.

Markets fluctuate, of course they do, but anyone, inners or outers, who doesn't realise this devaluation is entirely due to Brexit has their head deeply stuck in the sand.

As said we are stuck with it and have to tough it out and hope that the other EU countries are gentle with us, because its out of our hands now and the Chinese, Asians, Arabs are mainly in control of our destiny.

Its no good moaning at suppliers that rely on foreign imports ..... its dog eat dog out there..these businessmen aren't a bunch of philanthropists you know.

Edited by Adge Cutler

Adge and Anser2 have their opinion and already have experience of the vast changes since the out vote- As do I to the tune of £1300 a month less for feeding/clothing and putting s roof over the heads of my family.

Once the reality bites to ALL then maybe-just maybe people will realise the Great Britain isn't 'Great' as far as World play goes.

But in the meantime let's not let this thread go the way of others and become a Stay/leave slanging match.....

The pound is in free fall and who knows where it will bottom out over the next few months.

Markets fluctuate, of course they do, but anyone, inners or outers, who don't realise this devaluation is entirely due to Brexit has their head deeply stuck in the sand.

As said we are stuck with it and have to tough it out and hope that the other EU countries are gentle with us, because its out of our hands now and the Chinese, Asians, Arabs are mainly in control of our destiny.

Its no good moaning at suppliers that rely on foreign imports ..... its dog eat dog out there..these businessmen aren't a bunch of philanthropists you know.

No but this cuts both ways its not about philanthropy as much as fair play, why buy from a company who wont help you, when your buying off them they are not donating stuff free. They want it all, its their uinvestment to do as they want with as they please, and its equaly my money for me to do likewise.

Edited by TONY R

Not one person has mentioned the mess that is the courier issue....I was in countryman last week and was told the recent price hikes were down to the fact there finding it hard to get couriers to transport explosives as well as the drop in the pound.

Cci br primer had gone up from £5.50 to £7.50.... I was warned the increase is coming this week for carts so stocked up on a 1000.

Now there's a bit of a market opening for a courier business who is willing to take carts n powders from a to b.

How would they know? I could load A Old in decent condition box of blue diamond shells, Put em in a blue diamond box and who could tell. Who would look.

And anyway what rule you broke its not like its a civil law like non tox shot in fowling.

Just an organisation or club rule which its time they droipped it anyway.

On big comps your shells are checked at random. If your caught out you are disqualified and slung out. And you have a fair bit of explaining to. Same goes for misfires. Three misfires on the line your disqualified in trap disaplins.

Over the yrs there have been lots of top shooter caught out.

Also there is an increasing amount of ground that won't allow reloads.

On big comps your shells are checked at random. If your caught out you are disqualified and slung out. And you have a fair bit of explaining to. Same goes for misfires. Three misfires on the line your disqualified in trap disaplins.

You're allowed two cartridge/gun malfunction without penalty per round. The third malfunction and subsequent ones are deemed lost targets. There's no disqualification for this.

You're allowed two cartridge/gun malfunction without penalty per round. The third malfunction and subsequent ones are deemed lost targets. There's no disqualification for this.

That's the one Phil I knew it was something along those lines. Cheers for clearing that up

Well Misfires in reloads is rare anyway, And as pointed out above More than one misfire so thats not realy an option.

And once you have Loaded a shell if its identical components how would they know they would have a job proving it, only the roughness inside the Case tube would be obvious.

I dont understand why they wont alow reloads at these comps or grounds. Unless they are using profit from ammo sales no matter how slight to bolster up the business which i cant see as significant enough to matter. :hmm:

I cant think of a single reason they would ban reloads unless it were just sheer spite.

Even HSE directives possitively endorse reloading, i dont get why they are restricting reloading of ammo used in these comps. :no:

Well Misfires in reloads is rare anyway, And as pointed out above More than one misfire so thats not realy an option.

And once you have Loaded a shell if its identical components how would they know they would have a job proving it, only the roughness inside the Case tube would be obvious.

I dont understand why they wont alow reloads at these comps or grounds. Unless they are using profit from ammo sales no matter how slight to bolster up the business which i cant see as significant enough to matter. :hmm:

I cant think of a single reason they would ban reloads unless it were just sheer spite.

Even HSE directives possitively endorse reloading, i dont get why they are restricting reloading of ammo used in these comps. :no:

The rules say no reloads, if you buy a new shotgun and use reloads in it, your warranty is invalid if it blows up.

Edited by BlaserF3

Oh that's easy money, the cpsa do not allow reloads in registered shoots, as they are in bed with the manufactures and get prize sponsorship from the cartridge industry, also reloaders can be better quality than others so unfair advantage?

On the cpsa safety officers course I believe they go out of their way to suggest grounds should not allow them due to safety suggesting that reloads are dangerous. Yet in the uk when did we last read about an accident as a result of reloading be that cartridges or ammo?

On the cpsa safety officers course I believe they go out of their way to suggest grounds should not allow them due to safety suggesting that reloads are dangerous. Yet in the uk when did we last read about an accident as a result of reloading be that cartridges or ammo?

The ratio of reloading to factory loads is very small and I would suggest done by those using larger shot weights for wildfowling etc. Who are careful,competent and not seeking competative advantage so stick to the loading charts.

In the USA where reloading is allowed for ATA you can on google see that there are plenty that think they can squeeze a little more performance out of a load.

Kreighoffs look to be particularly spectacular when they let go.

Personally seen a rib on a gun blown off by a reload where the wrong primer had been used. Gave the guy who shot it a very bruised shoulder and a reason to change his pants.

There is another very big reason for not allowing them and that's cheats. How fair would it be if everyone on the line is using there 28 gram 7.5s and matey on the end is using 32 gram 8s ..... hardly fair is it

Anyway I don't think there would be a saving to be had. A performance clay loads are around the £200 a thou. If there was a saving who would want to sit there night after night knocking out shells that I doubt would compare and at the end of the day saving a fiver for all the effort and aggravation.

I totally get reloading for game shell but not for clay load.

The Essex is a great example of you can shoot what you like, watched a poor fella suffer lots of double discharges with his D10 and complain he was shooting 32g carts. Poor sod 64g of pain time and again. Watched him pull the trigger group twice and wash it in spray oil, I thought there's your problem, over lubing the thing.

My 28g broke everything without giving me any pain after 200.

Sod the old fitasc loads.

Shaun check my Bradford Stalker heads up in cartridge section for clay cart deals it might be worth your club seeing if they can get a discount on a bulk buy :good:

Rules say no reloads, any competitor who would break the rules to save a few pounds is no sportsman i would ever want to shoot with,

More to be saved in car,apparell,glasses choices or car sharing.

These are the costs of the sport we participate in fair or otherwise.

I reload practice shells the same load as I shoot in comp from the factory I have shot dozens of major comps along with 100's of registered shoots and never has any one asked to check my shells

However I have twice asked a top uk shooter to sign me a shell which was refused ( I was told to supply the cartridge and he would ) very strange !

I supose i am nieve, it never crossed my mind anyone would reload to up the shot payload to give an unfair advantage.

And reloading a round which looked like a factory offering thus get round a rule, which i feel is unfair , not to give any unfair or even significant advantage, other than price.

Dropped shot and reclaimed shot trims a significant slice off reloading as does a Press and Fibre wad dies and card seal ..undershot tools.

Even if your buying powder at todays factory inflated prices you have save a fair old slice of your bill for a half hours work.

Claygrounds cartridge companys have a manopoly its as basic as that and manopolys a game with only one winner in the end and its never the shooter, hes not alowed to even throw the dice in this game never mind move or gain anything.