Benelli super sport prob

postie

Check the back tubes not full of sticky fouled up lube, give it a right old clean first job, take it from there. Benellis can be a bit fussy but not generaly when its this warm, what you oiling it with, and has it been out in the rain a few times recently, this can set the ball rolling downhill esspecialy if its been a wile since it got a full clean.

Look at that back spring guide tube first. IMO

Is it brand new? If so, it might not be broken in enough to cycle them, yet. If it's not new, did it cycle them ok before, or is this the first time you've tried them? They simply might not be producing enough recoil to successfully cycle the inertia action. If 28s are ok then just stick with them.

It's a new gun only had 500 carts thro it ,a chap I shoot with today has had one for 2yrs and never been able to put 24grm carts tho it, just wondering if something could be done to resolve prob

There's a minimum inertia required to operate the system. Although some guns can cycle 24g, I think it states somewhere in the manual that 28g is the minimum that is recommended.

I would clean that back tube if i wrere you, when new they come with a sticky protective grease over vertualy everything, if your man has blathered the thing in WD40 or some other such substance, that turns into a fantastic damper when it dries out, not a lubricant.

Strip it and thourghly clean it, lightly oil it and i mean lightly oil it with ATF , im sure it will function just fine then with anything.

Benellis can be fussy about lubrication and if it gets cold they can sometimes play up. if you dont look after them.