Anyone interested?

RossEM

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a couple of guys inquire as to whether they could go 'DIY', that is to say without a guide - you certainly can, I can put you in contact with a local landowner who has a huge amount of ground to shoot on.

I'm speaking to him at the moment to see if it would be viable for him to 'guide' for geese, but of course there are lots of ducks, waders and rabbits too.

Ok, what I can offer so far is:

Accommodation at £35 per person per night + £50 for the cleaner - this would include all facilities of the house and land, there is 12 or so acres of rough ground with wetland and a small loch to shoot. You can of course go DIY and find goose & duck shooting off your own back. I have to say that most farmers want geese shot, end of. You would need to bring decoys and hide equipment.

What I'm trying to organise is:

Guided goose & duck shooting and lamping for rabbits. This would incur further charges which I'm yet to finalise, but won't be too pricey.

And of course the place is available outside of the shooting season for fishing or a 'normal' holiday at the same rate - surprisingly it's really warm in August & September! Does this sound ok?

Accommodation at £35 per person per night + £50 for the cleaner - this would include all facilities of the house and land, there is 12 or so acres of rough ground with wetland and a small loch to shoot. You can of course go DIY and find goose & duck shooting off your own back. I have to say that most farmers want geese shot, end of. You would need to bring decoys and hide equipment.

Guided goose & duck shooting and lamping for rabbits. This would incur further charges which I'm yet to finalise, but won't be too pricey.

And of course the place is available outside of the shooting season for fishing or a 'normal' holiday at the same rate - surprisingly it's really warm in August & September! Does this sound ok?

Sounds cracking.

Yes you can fly, but long winded, it's gatwick-aberdeen-kirkwall-sanday! Otherwise drive to scrabster or gills bay - ferry to kirkwall then connecting ferry to sanday. But well worth it when you arrive!

Sent you an email last week Ross ??

Gary

That sounds awesome - just need to convince the Mrs that this is what she wants to do for a holiday !