Lindisfarne

essox022

This is just a quick message to let fowlers know you will have a good chance of having your shells checked whilst visiting the reserve,this is entirely down to the actions of a couple of idiots that are susspected of using lead shot. This amonts to just over 1% of permit holders yet will jeopardise the fowling for everyone if you know who these jokers are please have a word for all our sakes.

This is just a quick message to let fowlers know you will have a good chance of having your shells checked whilst visiting the reserve,this is entirely down to the actions of a couple of idiots that are susspected of using lead shot. This amonts to just over 1% of permit holders yet will jeopardise the fowling for everyone if you know who these jokers are please have a word for all our sakes.

What Idiots !!!!! Why are they suspected of using Lead ????

More hard truthful Facts would be helpful

I would suggest that anyone who knows who these idiots are informs the correct authorities so they can be dealt with and hopefully banned for the good name of our sport.

I hope this is some kind of mistake and no one is using lead just may be some thing some one half over heard perhaps, or an idle boast somthing of this nature.

If however these alleged criminals are indeed using illegal Shot on this fantastic shooting area, they need catching and disipline needs to be severe.

One would think that all these years down the road the message LEAD is not only illegal to use and its use by those iresponsible and selfish enough puts the whole credibility of wildfowlers and wildfowling into question.

We have enough problems without ignorat people who either flat out dont care, or are so stupid they can not let go of a shot type thats been outlawed since 1999, it beggars belief really.

Whats this obsession with Lead i just dont understand how anybody can be so stupid as to keep using it at the cost of not only their own right to own a gun should they be caught, and worse still put other inocent law abibing responsible peoples Sport at risk.

If caught people like this want the full weight of the law bringing down on them they need an example making of them and their actions.

you always have the idiot believing he's smart ... and that needs teaching he isn't ...

Hard bit is to get them caught whilst using lead....

Also, need to be wary of false history fabricated ad-hoc to get shooters on the bad spot light ... I think the wardens will need to get their magnets out and the alarms set early to be there in time for when the idiots come.

you always have the idiot believing he's smart ... and that needs teaching he isn't ...

Hard bit is to get them caught whilst using lead....

Also, need to be wary of false history fabricated ad-hoc to get shooters on the bad spot light ... I think the wardens will need to get their magnets out and the alarms set early to be there in time for when the idiots come.

I feel this could well be the case here.

I

Also, need to be wary of false history fabricated ad-hoc to get shooters on the bad spot light ...

And that also is a Big worry the " Green Eyed Monster " coming out .

I've personally had this after killing a two for two Pink's from a Skien that 3 hudle cudling shooters had missed with 7 shots . I gave them my empty Cartridges emptied my rucksack pockets etc then got a knife and cut a cartridge undone showing Alliant Steel Powder B&P wad and Steel B shot the other i cut open had HW13 2 shot.

My point being those idiots because I'd wiped there eye's would have put it around i was using lead had i not proved i 100% only use Non Toxic Shot.

Again i was listening to a couple of shooters slagging another shooter off

He is using Lead NO ONE can kill Ducks and Geese cleanly and consistently as he does etc etc. Shock horror when i pointed out it was myself and very good mate they was WRONGLY slagging.

Just the same as the others I've never seen or heard of them again BUT as they say " Mud Sticks "

So my advice is rather than posting warnings on the Internet ( as also you are pre- warning offenders ) IF you or other's truly believe someone is breaking the Law get the right backing/backup from the appropriate Authority/Personal then catch them bang to rights prosecute them and Name Shame in EVERY possible manner

And that also is a Big worry the " Green Eyed Monster " coming out .

I've personally had this after killing a two for two Pink's from a Skien that 3 hudle cudling shooters had missed with 7 shots . I gave them my empty Cartridges emptied my rucksack pockets etc then got a knife and cut a cartridge undone showing Alliant Steel Powder B&P wad and Steel B shot the other i cut open had HW13 2 shot.

My point being those idiots because I'd wiped there eye's would have put it around i was using lead had i not proved i 100% only use Non Toxic Shot.

Again i was listening to a couple of shooters slagging another shooter off

He is using Lead NO ONE can kill Ducks and Geese cleanly and consistently as he does etc etc. Shock horror when i pointed out it was myself and very good mate they was WRONGLY slagging.

Just the same as the others I've never seen or heard of them again BUT as they say " Mud Sticks "

So my advice is rather than posting warnings on the Internet ( as also you are pre- warning offenders ) IF you or other's truly believe someone is breaking the Law get the right backing/backup from the appropriate Authority/Personal then catch them bang to rights prosecute them and Name Shame in EVERY possible manner

Spot on .

Of course this just may be an RSPB ploy to blacken the name of wildfowlers, their long game being to get shooting banned in that area.

Agree we need to be vigilant.

It will be just hearsay more than likely, fowlers go to such lengths for their fowling only an idiot would then use lead. To be honest wardens checking and finding everyone using non toxic carts will only be a good thing.

Abssolutley but only thing grates with me is that the sujestion is out there that there is some one perportedly running lead.

As previously mentioned throw enough mud some will stick, its anoying i mean i get our regular all over the country including the island and i can remember hearing many people bad mouth others are using lead but i never acctualy bellieved for one second anyone acctualy was.

there are some rough diamonds for want of a better word :lol: in wildfowling, but i like to believe rough in nature as some are we are as a section of societey all of us decent law abiding individuals.

And differences of opinion aside i just cant see even those wildfowlers i want to distance my self from virilantly ever stooping to the gutter level by using lead. :no:

Coming from a time of all lead ammo in fowling steel was a challenge in the early days but by ten or 12 years ago it was largely sorted out and i find it difficult to comprehend anyone could still feel the need to use such a shot type on performance alone never mind the fact its totaly illegal and putting our sport at risk too boot.

More i think about it more i feel its some one looking to stir something up thats not there just to make responsible sportsmen and women look like low life filth that would break the law and use lead for Wildfowling here.

Have we any hard facts on this yet,? are we ever likeley too. more is the point.

I have just read this and agree that this has only warned them and they are not going to be stupid enough to return with lead in there bags....I have yet to go to Lindisfarne this season but will be going up soon...it says two fowlers who are experienced and I am just getting a feeling its two idiots that think they own the marsh but I can't be sure so let's just hope they are caught and kicked into touch soon I for one will be watching what goes on....the place is full of marsh cowboys and that goes back to the 70's there's just more of them now who ain't gotta clue!...unlike most places were u have to be accompanied by a seasoned fowler which is the way to go Lindisfarne is not and it should be!!

I have just read this and agree that this has only warned them and they are not going to be stupid enough to return with lead in there Tbags....I have yet to go to Lindisfarne this season but will be going up soon...it says two fowlers who are experienced and I am just getting a feeling its two idiots that think they own the marsh but I can't be sure so let's just hope they are caught and kicked into touch soon I for one will be watching what goes on....the place is full of marsh cowboys and that goes back to the 70's there's just more of them now who ain't gotta clue!...unlike most places were u have to be accompanied by a seasoned fowler which is the way to go Lindisfarne is not and it should be!!

I have just read this and agree that this has only warned them and they are not going to be stupid enough to return with lead in there bags....I have yet to go to Lindisfarne this season but will be going up soon...it says two fowlers who are experienced and I am just getting a feeling its two idiots that think they own the marsh but I can't be sure so let's just hope they are caught and kicked into touch soon I for one will be watching what goes on....the place is full of marsh cowboys and that goes back to the 70's there's just more of them now who ain't gotta clue!...unlike most places were u have to be accompanied by a seasoned fowler which is the way to go Lindisfarne is not and it should be!!

that was the point of the post to warn the individuals I actually dont know these two however I am aware of what is going on the warden is aware also, the birds they shoot will be checked, I prefer they were stopped now with a warning rather than a public court case

that was the point of the post to warn the individuals I actually dont know these two however I am aware of what is going on the warden is aware also, the birds they shoot will be checked, I prefer they were stopped now with a warning rather than a public court case

no need for warning as we all know the rules,convict and revoke shotgun certs is the only way!

There is a rule on the permit that says you may not have lead shot shells with you whilst visiting reserve

Devils advocate here.....would they not have lead cartridges hidden on their person and non tox for show? I doubt wardens have the authority to search anybody or search bags etc!........so the rule is probably unenforceable.....sadly!

Devils advocate here.....would they not have lead cartridges hidden on their person and non tox for show? I doubt wardens have the authority to search anybody or search bags etc!........so the rule is probably unenforceable.....sadly!

Probably need police present,if searching a person or belongings was the the case.

Wardens are allowed to search them if they believe they are using lead and there vehicles!

Dont think thats legally correct. So far as l know the warden does not have the powers of a constable and is unable to search etc. daft as it may be. I recall an incident at Elwick 30 years ago where the whole seawall was under suspicion till someone had a word with the **** responsible who then owned up to his misdemeanours......

Edited by grahamch