Air rifle for the missus.

wizzard83

My wife came with me plinking the other day when my mate couldn't make it and she's only gone and got the bug...

I'm looking for something in a .177 for her. Not too heavy but nicely acurate. Not too expensive either, not until I know she's gonna stick with it!

I'd like a pcp but that may run a bit expensive so are there any half decent budget springers that aren't goin to have too bad a recoil that anyone can recomend?

Thanks all in advance.

Edited by wizzard83

Pumps not an issue cos we can share my bottle for now. I'll give it a look ta.

hello, give them a ring at the factory just in case there are a few left, very easy to service, nice and light and very accurate, i used one for hunting out to 50 yards, brocock are to stop making all but the compatto but keeping spares for 10 years and service kits for longer.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

IMHO - the most likely reason she will quit is if, no matter how hard she tries, her gun is simply not capable of consistent accuracy or is heavy/uncomfortable to use. I would also bare in mind that if she does carry on, and you buy her a cheap Turkish Delight, then you will soon be forking out for a replacement. Spend a little more and, if you are quick off the mark, you could buy a gun, use it for a couple of years then sell it for little, if no, loss. Scan the website "newsnow" for "air rifles for sale" and you should soon find something suitable - I would strongly suggest the AA S200 as it can be bought for under £300 and is stupidly accurate - in fact, no matter wot you're using, it will give your gun a good run for it's money.

They don't have any concept 6 left unfortunately. I've been looking at an s200 for me so something to think about definitely, but I kinda fancy having a look at a springer as well now... for research purposes u undersrand!

Anyone had any experience with the browning springs? There's a special offer on the x blade with a scope included that is a bit tempting, or the bsa comet seems to get some good reviews as well (although I hear that beesa like to buy positive comets...)

Ps IM sent pistol p

Edited by wizzard83

• 4 weeks later...

My wife came with me plinking the other day when my mate couldn't make it and she's only gone and got the bug...

I'm looking for something in a .177 for her. Not too heavy but nicely acurate. Not too expensive either, not until I know she's gonna stick with it!

I'd like a pcp but that may run a bit expensive so are there any half decent budget springers that aren't goin to have too bad a recoil that anyone can recomend?

Thanks all in advance.

Hi the air arms s200 is a very accurate gun for the money and light to my lad uses one and loves it.

They don't have any concept 6 left unfortunately. I've been looking at an s200 for me so something to think about definitely, but I kinda fancy having a look at a springer as well now... for research purposes u undersrand!

Anyone had any experience with the browning springs? There's a special offer on the x blade with a scope included that is a bit tempting, or the bsa comet seems to get some good reviews as well (although I hear that beesa like to buy positive comets...)

Ps IM sent pistol p

if your after a concept 6 there is a new one in a new gun shop in sheffield called all guns discounted tel no is 0114 2433200