Stock bedding advice

spready

Looking for some advice, looking to have a go at bedding my first stock seen a few videos. What I'm wondering is how many of you guys use epoxy putty? Jb weld make various types with different set rates, the one that I thought about was jb weld kwikwood

What's your thoughts guys?

Usually devcon.

And a couple of hundred. Or you can try a DIY. But read up before, or it can get messy.

It's not the mess you need to worry about Dougy it the mechanical lock, if you are doing a DIY job make sure you fill all the holes properly, (I use model clay)and coat thoroughly with the freeing agent that is usually supplied, good luck.

I use acraglass or Devcon depending on the job £100 depending on what's required for glass or pillar and glass bedding from £120

That's a fair price WW considering the work involved.

I use acraglass or Devcon depending on the job £100 depending on what's required for glass or pillar and glass bedding from £120

It of my (limited) understanding that you would have first pillar and then glass bedding ?

So it would be £100 for the pillars and then £120 for the glass ? Is that correct ? Apologies if wrong.

It's not the mess you need to worry about Dougy it the mechanical lock, if you are doing a DIY job make sure you fill all the holes properly, (I use model clay)and coat thoroughly with the freeing agent that is usually supplied, good luck.

That's a fair price WW considering the work involved.

The lock was what I was referring too. A sleepless night then the jubilation as the action and stock come apart.

It of my (limited) understanding that you would have first pillar and then glass bedding ?

So it would be £100 for the pillars and then £120 for the glass ? Is that correct ? Apologies if wrong.

Yes if your pillar bed the stock you fit pillars then glass bedded it.

Or you can just glass bedded the whole or part of the action.

So £100 or from £120 two options not £120 plus £100.