Good service from a gunshop

Cumbrian

I'd like to commend York Guns for very good customer service. In the end I did not buy the gun I had spotted on their website (it did not quite fit me) but Sam and his colleagues were extremely helpful, efficient, and pleasant throughout, even though I must have taken up a fair amount of their time without purchasing anything. The website photos of the guns, too, are a model in my opinion. I had had no previous dealings with York Guns but would not hesitate to return to them.

Did they not offer a fitting service ?

I'm sure they would have done but I live nearly 300 miles from York so the gun was sent RFD (at my expense of course) for me to try, hence some of the trouble to which York Guns were put (especially as one of my local gunshops failed to respond despite in theory offering RFD transfers). I won't say which local gunshop failed, though I can say that another, Greenfields in Salisbury, did very efficiently live up to their promise of offering RFD transfers.

Did you RFD not offer one either? In fact dose any gunshop offer this service as a matter of course?

I'm sure Greenfields could provide a gun fitting service but of course it wasn't their gun to start with, and even I could tell on inspection that the gun did not have the degree of cast-off that I am used to and prefer. It was my mistake in believing that this particular gun would come with a fair degree of cast-off. As for other gunshops, my experience is not extensive enough to say, but you pose a good question.