IR torch batteries

Bobba

My Ludicrous-Lumens IR torch came with a UniqueFire rechargeable battery- UF 18650 3.7v Li-on.

Fully charged I used it last night sweeping fields as I strolled the farm (the torch is used to support a 3 1/2 " screen mini spotter mounted on a 410 shotgun). The battery was certainly not in constant use but after about 2 hours switching off and on it died. (Fortunately I had a spare battery).

Does anyone know whether this particular battery has a short usage time? Or perhaps I have a rogue battery?

Advice welcomed.

My Ludicrous-Lumens IR torch came with a UniqueFire rechargeable battery- UF 18650 3.7v Li-on.

Fully charged I used it last night sweeping fields as I strolled the farm (the torch is used to support a 3 1/2 " screen mini spotter mounted on a 410 shotgun). The battery was certainly not in constant use but after about 2 hours switching off and on it died. (Fortunately I had a spare battery).

Does anyone know whether this particular battery has a short usage time? Or perhaps I have a rogue battery?

Advice welcomed.

Most batteries with the word 'fire' named on them are generally not the best. You would be better off buying a different brand.Nitecore make a good one. Get ones that are protected and be aware of the many fakes that are sold.

hello, i just tested 3 makes of 18650s 1 x uniquefire 1 x ultrafire and a cheapo called GIF £3.50 for 4, all fully charged and put in torch until battery drained, the 2 unique/ultra lasted a full 2 hours the cheapo 1.5 hours, intermittant use will have a longer time. there is always 4/6 spare batteries in my shooting bag, note the uniquefire was purchased from ludicrous lumins

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Advice welcomed.

hello bobba, check out my post but i think that is the norm for the cheaper type 18650s even worse with the GIFs i purchased, if you want to try some uniques to compare i can send you ?

Totally agree with Dave get some old laptop battery,s and take them apart .Theyre far better quality than any "fire" brand and always carry a couple of spares .Panasonic,s are supposed to be the best lasting quality batteries to buy stand alone but theyre not cheap ,laptop batteries are designed to last years so usually give good service life atb