Deerhunter Smallville Jacket

Redgum

Seen these on offer and was wondering if anyone has one, the appeal, apart from the price is the breathability, my ridge line is about as breathable as a bin liner, especially in the arms. I have no experience of Deerhunter products so any advice welcome, are they cut big/small etc. I find that, apart from being in the highseat, I'm to hot even in the winter as most of my ground is steep.

Seen these on offer and was wondering if anyone has one, the appeal, apart from the price is the breathability, my ridge line is about as breathable as a bin liner, especially in the arms. I have no experience of Deerhunter products so any advice welcome, are they cut big/small etc. I find that, apart from being in the highseat, I'm to hot even in the winter as most of my ground is steep.

i find that you will alway sweat more than the jackets can cope with,

Whilst I can't comment directly on the Smallville jacket, I've had a few Deerhunter garments over the past 15 years and most have been good. The Deer-Tex trousers don't seem that breathable (like a lot of multi-layer lined trousers) though and best avoided unless you're just wanting them for colder weather or high seat work. I still wear the Ram jacket bought in 2002, and it's stood up to a lot of abuse and was waterproof up until last year when the lining finally wore through in places. The best of the lot though (for me anyway) has been the Recon jacket (reinforced one with longer sleeve cut for shooters). A really well thought out stalking jacket that seems pretty good in the breathability stakes, is water and windproof and constructed from tougher fabric than the Ram jacket. Better cut too. I've only worn it a few times but on both occasions it's proved more breathable than the older Ram jacket. In fact, it's probably the best all round shooting jacket I've ever owned.

Whilst I can't comment directly on the Smallville jacket, I've had a few Deerhunter garments over the past 15 years and most have been good. The Deer-Tex trousers don't seem that breathable (like a lot of multi-layer lined trousers) though and best avoided unless you're just wanting them for colder weather or high seat work. I still wear the Ram jacket bought in 2002, and it's stood up to a lot of abuse and was waterproof up until last year when the lining finally wore through in places. The best of the lot though (for me anyway) has been the Recon jacket (reinforced one with longer sleeve cut for shooters). A really well thought out stalking jacket that seems pretty good in the breathability stakes, is water and windproof and constructed from tougher fabric than the Ram jacket. Better cut too. I've only worn it a few times but on both occasions it's proved more breathable than the older Ram jacket. In fact, it's probably the best all round shooting jacket I've ever owned.

Well any waterproof that lasts the best part of 14yrs has got to be good, I will get the jacket and hopefully I will be giving it a good report, so far I have tried Jack pyke and Ridgeline neither being waterproof when it really rains and as for breathable, not the least bit.

I own a smallville jacket and have been very happy with it. Didn't pay anywhere near rrp. The jacket has huge pit zips which are great for ventilation if feeling too warm. The jacket is very comfortable. Sizing is generous. The hood can be rolled into collar or zipped off. Stayed dry in very wet conditions. The sleeves are renforced but if you need to walk through brambles buy a barbour.