AYA identification

R1nut

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having them re blacked anyway, they have light rust all over with a few pits right at the very end.

Yes they are 28", I seem to shoot quite well with that length. Wouldn't mind trying some 25" though just to see the difference.

I was on the look out for a cheap field sxs and then this turned up, i just couldn't say no!!!!

Well I thought I was getting a bargain at £240.

I'm having them re blacked anyway, they have light rust all over with a few pits right at the very end.

Yes they are 28", I seem to shoot quite well with that length. Wouldn't mind trying some 25" though just to see the difference.

I was on the look out for a cheap field sxs and then this turned up, i just couldn't say no!!!!

Well I thought I was getting a bargain at £240.

You certainly got a bargain, do you want a quick profit?

I think the 53 has side clips (and possibly a concealed 3rd bite?). A friend has a 53 (confirmed by AyA as such) and that certainly has side clips. I can't remember if it has the third bite.

Hand detachable locks are standard now, but I don't believe that was always so. Barrels were usually 28", though others were 'to order' - as were many other options.

I had a 53 a few years ago detachable locks sideclips and gold washed inner locks

I have just had an email back from AYA ..............

And the prize goes to...........

TDS

All they have on record is that it was built in 1963 and the model is 117.

This has really confused things because all the 117's I have found on the net have totally different engraving?