Introducing myself

Holland7

Hi,

New to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself.

Although I have shot for the last 25 years, I have as yet to get out onto the foreshore. My experience of wildfowling has been flight ponds and stalking ducks on rivers and big drainage ditches.

I started shooting in North Yorkshire with my dad and now after 20 years of moving around the country, I am settling back down in North Yorkshire again.

I have always wanted to get involved in some proper wildfowling and looking for some advice on how best to make this happen.

Any advice at all is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Charlie

Lee,

Thanks for the reply.

I live near Thirsk and yes would love to get out on the foreshore, never done it and always wanted to. My shooting background has always been inland, rough shooting and syndicate shoots. Wanted to do some proper wildfowling for ages and finally decided to get stuck in.

Charlie

I have now been through the BASC wildfowling booklet, there are several clubs within about an hour's drive of where we are.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Do the clubs offer mentoring or something similar? Pretty sure it's not the environment to learn the hard way!

Cheers

Charlie