Right handed shooters - load from left of right?

Salop Matt

Depends on the gun but SxS and OU i load left handed but when game shooting i unload right handed and put the empties in my right hand pocket, if im on a hoy peg open gun let cartridges eject and slam home two more pick up empties end of the drive. Semi auto always my right as its a right handed gun and awkward with left hand.

Right handed, load with left hand, carts in left pocket.

My wife loads with her right hand and it always looks awkward to me.

Call me limp wristed if you will but 8lbs plus of clay gun feels alot more comfortable holding the barrels in the left hand and allowing the stock and action to drop that t'other way round. With the sxs it's not a problem as it's much lighter and doesn't need to break nearly as far.

Call me limp wristed if you will but 8lbs plus of clay gun feels alot more comfortable holding the barrels in the left hand and allowing the stock and action to drop that t'other way round. With the sxs it's not a problem as it's much lighter and doesn't need to break nearly as far.

I am like Glenlivet I don't think I could actually do it the other way around.

Just a thought here

What hand do you pull the hammers back with when your Reloded 🤗😊😊

Right thumb, just like the Wild West gunslingers 👍

Ok, if you insist :-))))

I'm a left handed shooter and load with my right hand. When game shooting once I've reloaded I get another two cartridges out of my pocket and have them ready in my right hand ready to reload once I've ejected. I've got used to holding the forend with a couple of cartridges in my hand.

I do the same but the opposite way round as I'm right handed. Brake the barrel with the right thumb to eject the empties and feed the two I have between my fingers in my left hand into the chambers.

Just a thought here

What hand do you pull the hammers back with when your Reloded

The palm of my left hand and shoot from the hip :ninja::lol:

On a simulated flush i holding the gun only in right hand push lever over with my right thumb and let the barrels drop as the carts are ejecting the left hand is already pulling the carts from board or pouch to reload,left hand grabs fore end and closes the gun as i start to mount and then fire quick as can then repeat again. All the other lads on my team and most other i have watched do exactly the same as it is the quickest way to reload the gun.

Regular Clay shooting it don't matter a bit.