great 2hrs

yickdaz

l met up with the old fella at 11.30 looked at a few local farms nothing much doing on those he said he had seen birds in the week on a specific farm 10 miles away so we headed to it, immediately we could see birds flighting over this farm across 2 stubbles either side of a busy A road, decided to split up me one side of the road him on the other side approx. 600 yards apart birds were flighting well sometimes wave after wave packs of birds heading over both sides of the road mainly young birds to be honest I got set up at 1pm no rotary to start so took a while to shoot a couple to get it going once I did it was steady action I had one eye on freezer space so we could shoot around the 100 mark then stop the lines were that good I was confident we would make a ton 2hrs later and we had made it so packed up at 3pm with birds still flighting I picked 67 lost 4 from where I was the old fella made 41 were he was so ended with a combined 108 picked, I think 150 was on the cards if we could of shot on for another hour or so but not bothered it was a great 2 hr session I really enjoyed it

post-21887-0-67515900-1477240127_thumb.jpg

Cracking day Daz. Take my hat off to you to think about not wasting the birds re freezer space. There are plenty that would keep on shooting because they can. Top man!!

never like wasting birds bud I never have just shot them for the sake of it or drop 100 in standing crops to only find half of them not my thing :good: