how not to treat a wounded goose

andrewluke

.... can't find an acceptable word that moderators will not kick my rear end for. Mind having over the years seen the way some people handle game they have shot, why am I not surprised. All the American videos of the high fiving fist punching and yahooing , it will get here one day believe me.

If he was in my syndicate/club he would be looking for another club tomorrow.

zip, what you missed was this prattt!! beating the goose to death with a stick on film!! Wildfowling without a dog ... give me a break.

I thought he used his Gun Barrel 😤😤 i certainly hope he has personally been reprimanded??? Hopefully with the same method he used on the Goose

For ***** sake!

Just when we're getting a lot of people wanting guidance on how to start wildfowling nonsense like this is being released.

It's a privilege we have in this country to be able to pit our wits against, and hunt, wild geese and so we have an obligation to give them a good swift death when we're successful.

Where was his ******* dog?

A dog would have taken care of the goose far better than he (or any of us) could have done alone.

1. He should not have taken that shot without having a dog.

2. If he didn't want to "waste" another cartridge on it, he should have at least picked it up and rung its neck quickly and cleanly.

I regularly shoot without a dog but, because of that, I only take very short shots at geese. This means a) I don't get many shots in (no great loss in wildfowling IMHO), b) when I do take a shot it is nearly always a clean kill and c) if it is not a clean kill, then I still have time to make a follow-up shot.

For ***** sake! This is just common sense!

:no::no::no:

.... can't find an acceptable word that moderators will not kick my rear end for. Mind having over the years seen the way some people handle game they have shot, why am I not surprised. All the American videos of the high fiving fist punching and yahooing , it will get here one day believe me.

If he was in my syndicate/club he would be looking for another club tomorrow.

I take it you havent watched any of Mr Green's Wildfowling Dvd's then.? If you have then you will find that them sort of Antics you mention are already happening.!

I blame a lot of American youtube videos and dvd's for giving new people to the sport of Wildfowling/Goose shooting' the impression of thats the way its done or people who should know better trying to copy them.

I might get shot down' but here is my take on what happened in the Video clip above. The shooter in Question doesnt come across as the most healthy individual by the sound of his breathing.A heavy Smoker or possibly a elderly man..? Whilst in no way trying to make excuses for him or arguing against the necessity of a dog whilst on the coast' it looked to me his use of the stick was to stop the goose actually escaping as he wasnt able to Run after it had it got away. I assume he then despatched the bird and chose not to show him doing so in his video clip.

The correct thing to do of course in the case of having no dog was to finish it of with another shot' although maybe he wasnt anticapting the bird to be so lively as he approached it' hence the use of the stick. Well thats my take on it anyhow.

I blame a lot of American youtube videos and dvd's for giving new people to the sport of Wildfowling/Goose shooting' the impression of thats the way its done or people who should know better trying to copy them.

+1 though not just new entrants to Wildfowling.

As for the video clip I can't see it clearly enough to have a strong opinion. However, fowling without a dog I do hold extremely strong opinions on.

and another with you Supergoose and no, I have not seen those videos, but I have seen the pathetic behaviour of some Americans ...can't call them hunters. I'm pleased to say they are not all like that and the same goes here, but this behaviour on film does not do us any favours at all. The advent of the GoPro era has a lot to answer for I'm afraid. Great bits of kit but people don't always realise what they are filming may not be sensible.

The advent of the GoPro era has a lot to answer for I'm afraid. Great bits of kit but people don't always realise what they are filming may not be sensible.

Very true, but we must bear in mind that, that retarded turnip decided after editing his footage STILL thought it was acceptable to post it.

Beggars belief.

If I knew him personally I'd twist his nipples until he was on the floor.

Very true, but we must bear in mind that, that retarded turnip decided after editing his footage STILL thought it was acceptable to post it.

Beggars belief.

If I knew him personally I'd twist his nipples until he was on the floor.

steady on chap, he might enjoy it, however being thrashed with a stick looks a distinct possibility, bags me first

+1 though not just new entrants to Wildfowling.

As for the video clip I can't see it clearly enough to have a strong opinion. However, fowling without a dog I do hold extremely strong opinions on.

I don't think a dog is always necessary, especially when there is little water to contend with.

He should definitely have had a dog and should have known how's to despatch his quarry quickly and quietly.

Why would anyone post what he posted ? The anti's must love videos like this.

The Chris Green videos are light hearted and I don't think anything like as bad as the American DVDs. I reckon Chris Green and James Green have done a lot of good for wildfowling with the demos at the game fairs and their DVDs.

He should definitely have had a dog and should have known how's to despatch his quarry quickly and quietly.

Why would anyone post what he posted ? The anti's must love videos like this.

The Chris Green videos are light hearted and I don't think anything like as bad as the American DVDs. I reckon Chris Green and James Green have done a lot of good for wildfowling with the demos at the game fairs and their DVDs.

True again about the US stuff, we have a weak excuse of 'oh thanks the Americans, we Brits are countrymen, we don't have that yeehah attitude'.

This can't be mitigated, its cruelty at best, poor ****** honking away whilst getting beaten by some charlatan.

Without witch hunting is it obvious to find this guys YouTube account? Be interested to see any comments.