Dismantling the "Jungle"

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the French had done this years ago, the problem would never have grown so big.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37759032

They did do it years ago, at Sangatte, on the south West side of Calais, remember that place..? The residents were kicked out and the place was closed, "problem solved", they said at the time.

All that they've done is to move the problem to the North East side of Calais, and if anybody thinks that this latest farce by the French & British governments is going to solve the problem of illegal immigration into the UK from Calais, then they are deluding themselves.

Cat.

They did do it years ago, at Sangatte, on the south West side of Calais, remember that place..? The residents were kicked out and the place was closed, "problem solved", they said at the time.

All that they've done is to move the problem to the North East side of Calais, and if anybody thinks that this latest farce by the French & British governments is going to solve the problem of illegal immigration into the UK from Calais, then they are deluding themselves.

Cat.

Yes and they came over here. More than likely contacting relations saying ... come on over.

They are in a safe country having crossed several safe countries in an attempt to reach their destination of choice. As such they are no longer refugees but economic migrants. Why France doesn't deal with them is their problem, not the UK's. The UK benefits system is attracting them and the rules can't be changed until the UK leaves the EU and opts out of the ECHR. One of the reasons France is dismantling the Calais camps now is that between now and Brexit the problem is going to get a lot worse.

Back in the late thirties and early forties the UK saw a similar surge of refugees from war torn countries. Most of those were Poles, Czechs or Hungarians willing to put on a British uniform and fight to free their home countries. I don't see any evidence of that now :rolleyes:

They are in a safe country having crossed several safe countries in an attempt to reach their destination of choice. As such they are no longer refugees but economic migrants. Why France doesn't deal with them is their problem, not the UK's. The UK benefits system is attracting them and the rules can't be changed until the UK leaves the EU and opts out of the ECHR. One of the reasons France is dismantling the Calais camps now is that between now and Brexit the problem is going to get a lot worse.

Back in the late thirties and early forties the UK saw a similar surge of refugees from war torn countries. Most of those were Poles, Czechs or Hungarians willing to put on a British uniform and fight to free their home countries. I don't see any evidence of that now :rolleyes:

Its been interesting watching the news this week to see who lives in the camp. Virtually all young men and a lot of them appear to be African rather than Middle Eastern. All the talk of them being families fleeing Syria is clearly a distortion and you have to question the motives of the people perpetrating that distortion.

Jeremy Corbyn referred to them in that way this week during question time. I find it so annoying, lets have an adult discussion on the subject instead of trying to pretend its some massive injustice.

They are criminals indulging in illegal activity and should be treated as such. If they want to live in Europe they can fill out the forms and apply through the proper channels

Edited by Vince Green

Yes, it must be very hard to find the Afghan or Syrian that is always interviewed on TV amongst the sea of African faces.

Its been interesting watching the news this week to see who lives in the camp. Virtually all young men and a lot of them appear to be African rather than Middle Eastern. All the talk of them being families fleeing Syria is clearly a distortion and you have to question the motives of the people perpetrating that distortion.

Jeremy Corbyn referred to them in that way this week during question time. I find it so annoying, lets have an adult discussion on the subject instead of trying to pretend its some massive injustice.

They are criminals indulging in illegal activity and should be treated as such. If they want to live in Europe they can fill out the forms and apply through the proper channels

Pop it!

Watched an interview with one of the 'children' - need to go to UK as French do not treat them well. Also they know we are kind and have a wonderful benefits system!! The 'jungle' is already springing up again near Dunkirk. It's a bit like squeezing a balloon.

Picked up some more stuff re 'children' and whilst I don't trust media to distort the truth every interview or film clip seems to be young males and the majority appear to be of African origin. These we definitely do not want - Somali, Etheopian, Eretrean youths are real bad news as they originate in countries where long term war, terrorism and associated cruelty etc will make them very very difficult to integrate. Having said as much I don't wish them on the rest of Europe either.

First I should say that I am against letting to many of them come in to our country but if you look at it another way they have left there own country and risked there life many times to try and get over to this country.

I do not think that it is benefits and hand outs that drives them to travel all of that way when you think lots of British borne people find it hard to get out of bed and go and sign on I have to think that given a chance lots of these people would soon find jobs and be paying there own way just my thoughts.

On the other hand....had it been in this country they would have had permanent housing built and a Benefits office onsite to help them claim, bus service, Doctors surgery, free food ....the list is endless.

Which is why so many are desperate to get here !

First I should say that I am against letting to many of them come in to our country but if you look at it another way they have left there own country and risked there life many times to try and get over to this country.

I do not think that it is benefits and hand outs that drives them to travel all of that way when you think lots of British borne people find it hard to get out of bed and go and sign on I have to think that given a chance lots of these people would soon find jobs and be paying there own way just my thoughts.

No one asked them to leave their country, if you think for one minute that the lure of benefits, housing and free medical care have no part in their wanting, above all, to come here then you are sadly deluded.

They bring nothing, we don't need them and certainly don't want them, we have enough takers of our own !

No one asked them to leave their country, if you think for one minute that the lure of benefits, housing and free medical care have no part in their wanting, above all, to come here then you are sadly deluded.

They bring nothing, we don't need them and certainly don't want them, we have enough takers of our own !

Well said. Could not have put it better myself.

On the news this morning, they are trickling back into the camp already

well that was a great success wasn't it?

Thousands legged it apparently because they didn't want to be registered as part of the relocation process, you have to question why

The key thing here which people don't seem to be picking up on is that all the migrants are going through a registration process. That is highly significant because once they are registered they exist in the system. Something that the French have avoided up till now.

I still firmly believe there is a massive stitch up going on here. The French are going to eventually issue them all with papers that will allow them to travel to the UK legitimately. Just to get rid of them. Problem solved

Edited by Vince Green

How many of these economic migrants do you know?

Do any live near you, do 'most ' of them have jobs?

The reality is this,the Eastern Europeans do work,and work hard for the most part,they cop benefits,but its not their fault our benefits system is skewed toward migrants.

The African migrants on the other hand are different, in my experience they are not interested in work,they like money,and the benefits given to them by the state are a fortune to what they are used to.

A couple of miles away from me right now is a 20 storey block of flats,in a very 'diverse ' area, it is populated virtually entirely by Somalis,they all have wive(s) kids,cars ,but i am reliably informed by people who I know that live in the area ,of all creeds and nationalities,that not one of them has a proper job,in fact the men are rarely seen out,they send the women out for shopping ect.

At one time the flats were filled with various immigrant families,but the Somalis bullied everyone else out over the course of several years.

So ,how much 'integration' is going on here?

The council ,being that scared of being 'un PC' has started to create a ghetto.

For a start a lot of these people want to come to UK for a simple reason they can speak our language I would not want to go and live in another country simply because I cannot speak another language and would find it very hard to learn a new one.

As for people not working that is the fault of the government not these people or uk borne people all people who are not disabled in some way should have to work for pay or benefit no free handouts and as for sink estates most of that is down to drugs and could be simply solved by the law on drugs people do not like that but it is the only way to end this problem.

I would stop every single one of them from coming to the UK, they are no benefit to us as a country, we do not need more unskilled workers and benefit system parasites.

if we have a skills shortage push training in those skills to school leavers and get them on the career ladder.

We all know the politicos are full of it and couldn't lie straight in bed. What we need is KW in Government :good: