benelli 828u

blade

Curious to know how you get on with the benelli as I'm toying with the idea. I like the adjustable nature, and having used a semi that has shims like the ou 828u, for the first time that was set up perfectly, it seems like the perfect solution for a good gun fit.

I also like the slender proportions, felt like a 20 bore.

Edited by Sussex gardener

There are a few topic on the 828U, mostly the 28" which was the only barrel length available at that time.

I had not tried the gun but purely held and looked over one at my local dealership. I was very interested in the design and the build quality which looked very good.

So from there I trialed a 28" version before committing.

I am glad I did because, using 28 gram loads, the gun kicked way too much for my liking so I lost interest based on my regular clay shooting which involves 120+ in short time.

I did though get somewhat hooked on Benelli guns and buy a Raffaello Powerbore sa which has much less kick

Edited by B25Modelman

I have a supersport semi auto that I use for everything but unable to use it on game.Love the benelli autos was warned that it would kick harder than a gas auto.But I find it a pleasure to shoot and always use it on 100 bird clay days.Can't wait till Wednesday to see how the 828 compares

did you buy it from orston

No they had none in stock was brought from the country store in Cambridge. Only a few 30" about at the moment

Well I don't know whether it was because mine is a 30" with extended chokes.But the recoil is no worse than my mk38 shot 75 clays and could of easy gone round again.The gun performed faultlessly and whas complemented on what a good looking gun it is.Pheasants tomorrow with it heavier carts see what its like then watch the for sale section haha

Well I don't know whether it was because mine is a 30" with extended chokes.But the recoil is no worse than my mk38 shot 75 clays and could of easy gone round again.The gun performed faultlessly and whas complemented on what a good looking gun it is.Pheasants tomorrow with it heavier carts see what its like then watch the for sale section haha

What cartridges did you use and what do you intend using tomorrow.

I was using Gamebore Evo 28gram for my trials.

Used Kent velocity 28g 7.5 did you trial the 30" or 28". Might be that 4" of barrels and extended choke helped with the weight and recoil.Will be 30g 6s through it tomorrow might be different.But when you probably only shoot 30 to 40 shots think I can take the pain

Used Kent velocity 28g 7.5 did you trial the 30" or 28". Might be that 4" of barrels and extended choke helped with the weight and recoil.Will be 30g 6s through it tomorrow might be different.But when you probably only shoot 30 to 40 shots think I can take the pain

28".

30"- 28" = 2".

The 2" extended choke is Full ??? not my cup of tea.

30g :sad1:

Guest cookoff013

Why on earth are you guys comparing shell performance in individual guns?

Sometimes I don't get this place.

There is very little difference between 30g vs 28g and 30g vs 32g

Performed as good as always first barrel on first drive folded a lovely cock bird.And it seems with heavier cartridges the recoil seems to be even softer loving the gun.Everybody wanted to hold it and all good comments even from the old guys who still shoot sxs