Gamebore Hyper Steel

johnnytheboy

I found this interesting that Gamebore do steel for Denmark that is much improved on the uk steel shot, I'm sure Denmark can shoot steel only and that they do not subscribe to the cip regulations there in they have excellent steel shot cartridges.

Gamebore do some cartridges called Hypersteel, 32g 70mm cartridge 1575fps so faster than our super steel equivalent plus a, exceptional fast 1oz load 1650fps in a 76mm cartridge!

I for one am very jealous as we know how good uk Gamebore steel are

post-17783-0-12717900-1478437967_thumb.png

I think speed is a bit overrated.

I'm not sure that is relevant when it comes to steel shot!

Bloody good point scolopax! I found about about those cartridges on istagram and the folk using them are all shooting the same type of guns as us so why shouldn't we get the same steel!

Edited by johnnytheboy

I'm not sure that is relevant when it comes to steel shot!

Bloody good point scolopax! I found about about those cartridges on istagram and the folk using them are all shooting the same type of guns as us so why shouldn't we get the same steel!

It is relevant. I could load steel at 1800fps in ounce loads. There are good reasons why I don't. I knocked down long range wigeon yesterday with 'slow' Gamebore supersteel 32 gm 3. They are smooth shooting, seem to pattern well, and have good energy at range. I can't see the point in loads that knock you about and more than likely give poor patterns.

It is relevant. I could load steel at 1800fps in ounce loads. There are good reasons why I don't. I knocked down long range wigeon yesterday with 'slow' Gamebore supersteel 32 gm 3. They are smooth shooting, seem to pattern well, and have good energy at range. I can't see the point in loads that knock you about and more than likely give poor patterns.

I agree with this, I used to load the lightening steel loads but they were in my opinion a waste of powder and patterned poorly (to fast). Factory loaded stuff to be fair has improved enough that I no longer need to load duck loads (but I still do as I enjoy it).

Hi Motty,

Any footage of your duck trip as you do make good vids!

I would love to keep posting videos of my forays on the shore. Unfortunately, due to new rules, I am no longer able to post footage shot on land that both my wildfowling clubs have rights on.

I'm actually not even sure exactly what I can/can't mention of my flights on here. I dare not say too much, or I risk disciplinary action.

I would love to keep posting videos of my forays on the shore. Unfortunately, due to new rules, I am no longer able to post footage shot on land that both my wildfowling clubs have rights on.

I'm actually not even sure exactly what I can/can't mention of my flights on here. I dare not say too much, or I risk disciplinary action.

That's a downer I used to look forward to both yours and munchers vids on the foreshore

Does that include fenlands?

Guest cookoff013

for my tuppence, more shot is better than the extra 100fps or so.

selection of shotsize where steel is involved is ever more critical.

i too could bodge a 1800fps load, but i dont want to, that extra 100fps from 1400-1500fps near doubles the cost of the cartridge. for no gain in power at 30 yards.

i`d rather have 32g #2 at 1400fps than a 28g #6 at 1700fps.

as these are 1050bar loadings, they load to 850 or 900bar and hope the pressure variations come home below the 1.15 threshold (cip HP s2n).

in the event of these vs homeloads, i`m sure my money would be better spent on premium heavyweight nontoxic shot.

Guest cookoff013

Better speed retention over distance is the key not outright starting speed. Wish manufacturers would spend more time on cheaper higher density shot rather than on faster steel carts.

yep. you got it. but whereas tungsten, is so dense makes it a silly price per kg for very little. whereas steel, is quite cheap, its everywhere, and the density makes it rather economical to load...

32g loads very nice in a 3"

yep. you got it. but whereas tungsten, is so dense makes it a silly price per kg for very little. whereas steel, is quite cheap, its everywhere, and the density makes it rather economical to load...

32g loads very nice in a 3"

I dont see how the density of tungsten impacts on the price, surelt it is the high demand from CVhina etc. that dictates the price? That said I'd rather use tungsten matrix or heavy shot in preference to steel any day.

Guest cookoff013

I dont see how the density of tungsten impacts on the price, surelt it is the high demand from CVhina etc. that dictates the price? That said I'd rather use tungsten matrix or heavy shot in preference to steel any day.

the density does impact price because in this world, mass matters, a kilo of tungsten is a very small volume. thats why tungsten 18 is way more expesive than tungsten 15 or 13 for that matter.

whereas steel shot is cheap. most os regraded from shot blasting.