Dogs and their obsessions

SSS

My old lab always carried a dummy while hunting/flushing, she would spit it out to retrieve then collect dummy before going back to hunting. If I took a gun she took the dummy.. that dummy went everywhere with her, beating, marsh/mud, flightpond...

A strange habit but it never slowed her or stopped her doing what she loved.

A very strange habit but the very best dog i have ever had the pleasure of owning.

My two and a bit cocker bitch is ball obsessed but in the evening when I go into kitchen for a wee dram and a cigar she brings me one after the other

Tv remote

Hard drive remote

My reading glasses case

Her toy duck

The wifes slipper

All delivered to hand with a sat present,of course I am expected to give a bone shaped biscuit in exchange. 😉

Oh and socks and underwear dissapear rapidly if left unattended 😁

Dad taught one of the Setters to fetch the newspaper from the letterbox when it was delivered in exchange for a dog biscuit. Eventually anything that came through the letter box was delivered to hand.

On Sundays when we had no newspaper delivered he would remove a paper or magazine from the magazine rack and deliver it to you.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Suckling on my daughters Eeyore teddy when he was a pup, hes 9 now and still has it and still suckles on it.....it ******* stinks!

That just reminded me. Quinn the Mini Pinscher has a furry blanket like that. He gathers it up and pummels it with his front paws and suckles on it.

He is 6 now. Its goes in the washing machine regularly as if it is grubby he won't do it, only when its clean.

The Eeyore has been washed zillions of times but he just sees it as a challenge to get it stinking again!

Its held together with miles of cotton, **** and twigs now, but he still adores it.

Weve got another rescue Vizsla now that is a proper full on PITA that will destroy anything that isnt made of kevlar, so the Eeyore only makes an appearance from under the stairs when there is someone to keep an eye on the nippa......doesnt stop the elder statesman from whining at the cupboard door incessantly though :no:

Why do we put up with it?

Oh, I know, because we love them, for all their faults and quirks :wub:

I've been thinking about making a Christmas wreath from all of the Holly leaves she brings.

My old bitch used to like teddy bears of any shape or form. As long as she had her teddy then she was happy. She used to like them smelly, the dirtier and smellier the better, she was never chuffed after they'd been washed.

Edited by SSS

my spaniel from south wales was and still is obsessed with a toy chicken you could hide it any where in garden send him off and he would find it .my new pup from scotland now 11 weeks old compulsive sock thief and when he goes out into garden his favorite pickup is windfall apples which he brings straight to hand and dead hooly leaves

jess is also a sock thief ....that habit is ok .....but her worst one is rolling cat poo 4 times this last week she has come in from the garden with it smeared all over neck and the smell :sick::sick:

I didn't realise how much hedgehog poo smells until Teal finds some and has a roll in it! It seems socks are a hot find for a lot of dogs.

My dog (15 month lab bitch) will steal kids toys and come to me and goad me to get me to want to chase her... I never do, I just turn my back and she comes and shows me the toy again and starts jumping about like a deer...

Strangely enough, if I say 'sit' she'll sit and let me take it but look annoyed at me.