Mixed geese decoys

krowe79

I have 12 pink foot and 6 Canada decoys socks would putting a mix out be ok or would you separate in to groups away from each over do any of you use mix or stick to one make ?

Depends on the area you shoot and species of Geese you normally get.

I've successfully decoyed Canada's into grey goose decoys and visa versa BUT there area's have many species of Geese.

Personally I'd put the 6 Canada decoys with 1-2 in with the Pink's trying to give the impression there together but not if that makes sense or if you have a Dyke/Hedge splitting 2 fields set one lot of Decoys on one field then the other as though they are jumpingFlying over the Dyke/Hedge to join the others.

Enjoy and show restraint IF the Geese do decide to commit to the Decoys

Wise words Boyd. Personaly I have never been in a situation where I am likely to have both canadas and pinks come into the decoys. I have seen both species in mixed flocks on the fresh marsh grassland on the coast fairly often. Canada geese have become such a rare bird in my area than I have repainted all my canada decoys as grey geese.