Cartridge Prices

nicknsd1978

I know brexit was going to have some adverse effects on things but cartridge prices have rocketed. It's a shame wages don't go up to suit. I know it'll be hard to judge but I'm hoping this price rise isn't here to stay. Anyone have any recommendations on some cheaper end cartridges. Not been shooting that long so don't need anything too expensive. In Nottingham but don't mind travelling

Edited by nicknsd1978

So why the price hike? Talking to a local club they blamed it on brexit for having to put prices up and looking around everywhere seems to have increased the prices.....always previously gone to countryman in derby but it'll cost me another £20 per 1000..... Not the end of the world I know just means I'll be out less each month

I am only guessing but do most of the components that make a cartridge come from overseas and the pound at a very low ebb at the moment, this could have an affect. Of course there is no way we will ever know how much a slab of cartridges should go up by so there is always the chance of a little profiteering taking place!!

as for cheap cartridges I have been using Gamebore Kents 28G 7 1/2 £37 a slab but I am told by my dealer that these are getting hard to get now.

Well they are blaming Brexit but that is only part of the explanation. The money markets went scary cats after the referendum result and the pound fell considerably against both the dollar and the euro, from around 1.25 to 1.00 at one stage. A lot of shells coming in from Italy for instance will be priced on the euro so will be more expensive to import. I've just purchased a slab of the new 18gr 3inch Fiocchi 410s and they had gone up to over £160 for a 250 slab. The £ is now climbing again against the euro back at 1.15 today. We will see if the price now drops.

Well they are blaming Brexit but that is only part of the explanation. The money markets went scary cats after the referendum result and the pound fell considerably against both the dollar and the euro, from around 1.25 to 1.00 at one stage. A lot of shells coming in from Italy for instance will be priced on the euro so will be more expensive to import. I've just purchased a slab of the new 18gr 3inch Fiocchi 410s and they had gone up to over £160 for a 250 slab. The £ is now climbing again against the euro back at 1.15 today. We will see if the price now drops.

It won't!!

You paid way over the odds for those .410 cartridges. I bought some a couple of weeks back at around £61 for 250. You were robbed.

And fiocchi are the only ones that have yet to put up their prices.

I also think the higher prices are here to stay for a while their is more to it that just the value of the pound, if you are on friendly terms with your dealer speak to them and as mine did he showed me the Express letter that came with the price list and in the letter they state it is the first increase in prices since 2013. So a proportion of the increase must be for general business costs as well.

All the talk of shells going up and Tom Young at Continental shooting supplies has just started importing a new range of Quality Italian shells, (he used to be the clever mirage importer), and they are £170/1000 for a decent shell,

they are Pegoraro, loaded near Venice, they look promising and not expensive..

You paid way over the odds for those .410 cartridges. I bought some a couple of weeks back at around £61 for 250. You were robbed.

Yes much the same with the 28 thinking of getting a mec reloader and reloading my own winchester are a crazy price over £25 a box for there super x, and bismiuth dont even go there.

All the talk of shells going up and Tom Young at Continental shooting supplies has just started importing a new range of Quality Italian shells, (he used to be the clever mirage importer), and they are £170/1000 for a decent shell,

they are Pegoraro, loaded near Venice, they look promising and not expensive..

Hi interested to no more about these shells all the italian shells are good use nobel sport and bournaghi in my 28 when i can get them.