Feeding ponds

ShootingEgg

We have a pond and a small lake that we feed from mid July and we did have rota for the fund to feed. About ten years ago we then brought some feeders from USA that feed the barley or wheat in a straight line for about 20 feet. These run from battery and can be set for up to 20 seconds twice a day in morning and evening. The are called Kenco feeders and I do not know if they can be got in Uk or something similar. I will post a photo latter when on computer.

We now only hand feed twice a week and this has proved well worth the trouble

I have two ponds on a mates farm that we are feeding to try and get some wilds in. At the moment im hand feeding the margins with wheat. How do others here feed? I have also used crab apples on one pond as i have a tree in my garden but thats now out of fruit... Would be great to know what others do and use as feed

Keep doing what you are doing, feed late as possible before dusk, so they use it as a proper flight pond.

Any sweeping ups from a grain store can help with the feed, oil seed rape is spot on for teal.

Don't over feed it, it can be costly these days , obviously hang about one night and count what comes in .

Then pick your night with a bit of wind, usually shoot mine once every 2 weeks .

Its a bit late this year now , but acorns are a great draw for mallard. Easy to get if you can find a quiet road with overhanging oaks lots of acorns will fall onto the road. Just sweep them up with a garden brush and shovel them into a dry sack. Do not store them wet or they go mildew.

Its a bit late this year now , but acorns are a great draw for mallard. Easy to get if you can find a quiet road with overhanging oaks lots of acorns will fall onto the road. Just sweep them up with a garden brush and shovel them into a dry sack. Do not store them wet or they go mildew.

Will hopefully remember for next year... Cheers