8 replies to this topic

#1 Hedgewizard

Hedgewizard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-November 16

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Hi has any one had a go at cod fishing yet havnt had chance to go yet as busy with hedges.

#2 Ollieollie

Ollieollie
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined 31-March 13

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

I fished Dorset last week, nothing but pouting! Bait thieves  

#3 Hedgewizard

Hedgewizard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-November 16

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

I fished Dorset last week, nothing but pouting! Bait thieves  

Fished there end of september had loads to although i did get a cod of six and a half pound at burton bradstock under the cliffs,had a week off as its been hectic this year with work did find black lug to be a good bait had, dogs, pout, eels, and a coalfish not to mention  the hounds we had 4 all on worm.Hoping to go back next year and fish for the plaice at west bexington they say thats the hotspot,your rite though the pouts do try your patience.

#4 Spaniel

Spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4071 posts
  • Joined 25-September 06

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

Been chasing them down in the Severn near bristol just one small one to date but back chasing in a couple of weeks

#5 Hedgewizard

Hedgewizard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-November 16

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Been chasing them down in the Severn near bristol just one small one to date but back chasing in a couple of weeks

will have a go myself as soon as i get more time we fish lowerstoft north beach after christmas and have down well problem is getting your gear back although i did buy 2 shimano trindad 14,s last year which are the best ive used to date but not cheap.

#6 Spaniel

Spaniel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4071 posts
  • Joined 25-September 06

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:12 AM

Just purchased a fathom 15 reel and that cast and retrieves a treat using a daiwa supercast and a channel special rod
Going to get a 2nd fathom soon
Fished SB Avonmouth and new passage so far some cod are starting to come
Have a look fb bristol Severn fishing
Scotland wildfowling this week and then back chasing the cod in a fortnight time can't wait

#7 Hedgewizard

Hedgewizard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-November 16

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Just purchased a fathom 15 reel and that cast and retrieves a treat using a daiwa supercast and a channel special rod
Going to get a 2nd fathom soon
Fished SB Avonmouth and new passage so far some cod are starting to come
Have a look fb bristol Severn fishing
Scotland wildfowling this week and then back chasing the cod in a fortnight time can't wait

Hi yes ive had a look at the fathoms look a nice reel easy to mag up to if you wanted to, do you no much about the anyfish anywhere rods the match pro has a good rite up but havnt seen any one using one yet to have a better look,supercast are a good rod, got 2 fox envoy surf rods which are like the daiwa awb 129,s realy nice rod also a pair of tip tornado match rods for the rough ground fishing loads of grunt and a stiffer tip than the envoys,good luck with the wildfowling and let me no when you start hauling the cod should be a few around soon.

#8 KFC

KFC
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Joined 18-October 09

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

Fished off Clacton last Sunday 27th. Just loads of pin Whiting and Pouting. One small Skate was caught but that was 8 rods on a six hour fish. Very disappointing :unhappy:

#9 rabbiter

rabbiter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2130 posts
  • Joined 25-April 10

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

27llb"er up here this week ,oh and a 30 from Chesil beach last week or week before

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sea Fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users