European Commission bans: AR15/AK47 rifles and magazines

A.J.P.

Sad to see some of the comments on this thread.

Gun owners need to stand together and put up a united front otherwise the anti's will slowly band all firearms...centre fire semi's are gone, rimfire semi's next then semi shotguns and so it will go on. Hope we can stand together and pass something on to the next generations.

Unfortunately I can't see that happening, there are quite a few (some are on here) that will happily push others under the bus for there own ends

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see some of the comments on this thread.

Gun owners need to stand together and put up a united front otherwise the anti's will slowly band all firearms...centre fire semi's are gone, rimfire semi's next then semi shotguns and so it will go on. Hope we can stand together and pass something on to the next generations.

A united front is a good point,its time someone started collecting email address's ,for when this sort of thing gets put through without many shooters knowing about it.

If we dont know its happening,its difficult to protest about it .

I don't think that this has anything to do with preventing terrorism, it is more an attempt by scared beaureacrats to ensure that when the EU collapses that there is minimal firearms ownership in the populice to ensure the new EU army can regain control.

Whilst people have their right of opinion, some of the comments here are dangerous, selfish and why shooting in the UK is doomed. Loads of competitions held at our club use courses of fire where over 10 rounds are used and i'm sure there are far more comptitions that we don't shoot. The humble 12g and bolt action .22LR have been used in numerous UK shootings, maybe we should ban those??

It doesn't matter what we shoot, we should all be united against further restriction, otherwise your gun will be next.

Surely anyone with half an ounce of logic must be asking the question that when governments are faced with increasing acts of terrorism or the perceived threat of an increase in terrorist activity their first legislative act is to curtail the activities of the legitimate shooter? What exactly are they afraid of and what do they hope to achieve by this? Are they seriously considering civil unrest? I could believe it of mainland Europe, but in the UK? Nah.....not in this weather!

I remember growing up in the 70's at the height of NI terrorist activity including bombings on the island and mainland and shootings on a very frequent occurrence, including the killing of a senior Royal, yet it took the acts of civilians with legitimately owned handguns and an AK47 before they were legislated out of legal ownership.

There is a clue in there somewhere.