Cartridge suggestions for 3in semi auto

ElvisThePelvis

Proper cartridges - stone dead. 32 gram 6 shot, 70mm. A very hard hitting cartridge.

Absolute quality, I now will never use any other brand. Me and my two other shooting buddy's, think the same.

The only downside is, I wish I tried them sooner !!. And ignore me as well. But there still superb cartridges.

Edited by neil w

Proper cartridges - stone dead. 32 gram 6 shot, 70mm. A very hard hitting cartridge.

Absolute quality, I now will never use any other brand. Me and my two other shooting buddy's, think the same.

The only downside is, I wish I tried them sooner !!. And ignore me as well. But there still superb cartridges.

Is 6 in steel suitable for duck and geese??

RC Atomic 3" 36grm Steel 3'shot

Gamebore 3" 36grm Steel 3'shot

£2.80- £3.20 per box of 10

Both cartridges more than capable of killing foreshore Duck and Geese to 50yrd IF the shooter puts the shot up front

Nothing more to add for this choice for an all rounder I would pick No 3 in steel as they will cope with anything between a teal and a pink foot at reasonable range. A few seasons ago I shot 5 greylags for five shots with the Gamebore 3 inch Mammoth no 3s at 35-40 yards range, a few weeks ago 12 teal and wigeon for 17 shots at 25-45 yards range with the same cartridge. Might add that I have been getting very good results with the 2 3\4 RC Atomic shells for duck. Never go below no 4 s in steel for foreshore duck shooting. As for wads unless you start loading your own you have no choice than use plastic wads with factory loads. If you have trouble hitting the duck ( I did with a new gun at the start of this season ) drop your choke to I\C as steel can shoot very tight. Try to patten a few shots with various chokes , but no more than 1\2 choke , as you will find steel pattens very different to lead .

Edited by anser2

Sorry Boyd, I should have made it clearer , but I was talking about the 70mm 34 gr RC Atomic loads. I am getting more and more impressed with them the more I use them on duck. They are one of the quickest steel wildfowling loads available. Recently bought some in No 1 shot , but have not had a chance to try them out yet.

Sorry Boyd, I should have made it clearer , but I was talking about the 70mm 34 gr RC Atomic loads. I am getting more and more impressed with them the more I use them on duck. They are one of the quickest steel wildfowling loads available. Recently bought some in No 1 shot , but have not had a chance to try them out yet.

I have been impressed with the no. 1 loads, having used a good few now for foreshore and inland geese, they do the job.

Most of my foreahore shooting is with the 10bore using no 2 and 3 steel

Hi all, I shoot ducks with Gamebore Silver Steel, these are 3" cartridges and are FiBRE wads. I have found that they are really good and do not leave plastic wads about. So you can have fibre with steel

So some of the replies are incorrect about factory loads

Edited by Stimo22