Which multi shot pcp??!!

Wilts#Dave

Keep thinking about buying another air rifle, namely a multi shot pcp. I've got a theoben Fenman I've had since new but it's a bit heavy and to be honest just not as easy to shoot accurately as a pcp so fancy treating myself to one!

Only trouble is I seem to read bad reviews on pretty much all of them, but they can't all be bad surely?!!

I'm left handed so that's a big deal breaker of course....I picked up a weirach 100kt and really like the way it came up, and being ambidextrous appealed.

Any opinions, good or bad on one of them?!

Suggestions for anything better!?

I love the look of the daystate regal but read lots of bad press on them, even the shop didn't rave about them (they didn't have one in stock so never 100% trust what they say in that case)!

Thanks

If you want to pay the extra and spend hours asking Hull Cartridge why your gun is still leaking after they have had it back twice in 4 months then go ahead, buy the HW100, but for less money you can get a gun every bit as good and with more "class", that has an enviable reputation for reliability and wears a tube made by the best in the world. Do the sensible thing and try them all, then, when you have decided which is best, take your pride and joy home with you and don't forget to register the warranty with Air Arms.

If you want to pay the extra and spend hours asking Hull Cartridge why your gun is still leaking after they have had it back twice in 4 months then go ahead, buy the HW100, but for less money you can get a gun every bit as good and with more "class", that has an enviable reputation for reliability and wears a tube made by the best in the world. Do the sensible thing and try them all, then, when you have decided which is best, take your pride and joy home with you and don't forget to register the warranty with Air Arms.

Pfttttt warranty?!? Not needed.

I was under the impression that the HW100 was bullet proof. Certainly when I had one nobody had a bad word for them other than the price.

If there are quality issues then it is up to the retailer, not Hull Cartridge to sort the matter out. The Consumer Rights Act makes that clear: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

I've got an old s410 classic it was a great rifle then I sent it to xtx air and had a regulater fitted and a tune up now it's a fantastic rifle, consistent shots from 200psi down to 100 no power curve or sweet spot to worry about so I would recommend a regulator in whichever rifle you choose, I think some BSA have a range with them built in

I have had an HW 100 for years, never leaked, super accurate, never a problem. i dont let it empty fully, and though i am no expert on rifles, I was on scuba kit for many years, and the worst thing you can do to a pressurised system is totally empty it. The o ring seals move and twist and this may be the cause of the leaks, but i am no expert on rifle systems. I honestly never knew anyone had problems with the HW 100, when i bought it everyone raved about it. Mine is used for clearing feral pigeons in and about barns, and is used head shots all the way. I go months without using it (more of a centre fire kind of chap ) then use if hard for a few weeks, and it never looses zero, and keeps pressure for months at a time. In my experience it is certainly not an inherently bad rifle.

Got to say I'm amazed at the negative posts about the HW100. I got one of the first batch and on the Chrono it hardly varied in output. I seem to recall that there was around 5 fps variation on a sample of 10 shots. Perhaps the company have outsourced production overseas? VW and Mercedes came a cropper when they did that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they did ,they had realised that Ford were going to buy them and so needed to re- tool their factories to fight them off and so stopped buying top quality components from Germany and instead got them from China and South Korea.they thought that it would take three years for the buying public to notice and then the factories would have been sorted but we noticed after 18 months and started buying Japanese Toyota Lexus instead. Better car and a bit cheaper price as well! they invested in AA knights of the road set up in VW And Mercedes branded vans and clothing to give people the impression that they were getting great customer service when they broke down but they only broke down because the components in their cars were poor quality .So lets buy British especially now that we have voted to leave!

Yes they did ,they had realised that Ford were going to buy them and so needed to re- tool their factories to fight them off and so stopped buying top quality components from Germany and instead got them from China and South Korea.they thought that it would take three years for the buying public to notice and then the factories would have been sorted but we noticed after 18 months and started buying Japanese Toyota Lexus instead. Better car and a bit cheaper price as well! they invested in AA knights of the road set up in VW And Mercedes branded vans and clothing to give people the impression that they were getting great customer service when they broke down but they only broke down because the components in their cars were poor quality .So lets buy British especially now that we have voted to leave!

What's that got to do with air rifles?

• 4 weeks later...

I've had three HW100's , two had problems with leaks , the third was ok no probs , but I was always waiting for it to leak because of the previous two.

So I bought a second hand AA S410 Carbine .in .177 , ad apart from a new indexing post after a year or so (Cheap Repair), it was fantastic.

I sold it when i went to FAC Air.

I now have a BSA Scorpion se Tactical (sub 12) as well ,it was bought from a friend who was desperate to sell it , and to be honest , its a

fabulous little weapon . You would almost think it had a regulator its that consistent .

I get 6 ten shot mags with very little variation. I can Highly recommend you have a look.

Happy New Year.