Trailer security

billytheghillie

Avoid any hitch with a circular key - can be opened with a biro.

This type? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/Tubular_Lock_and_Key.jpg/220px-Tubular_Lock_and_Key.jpg

Worrying as my hitch and wheel clamp lock with these...

Bulldog customer services was very good I though when I contacted them directly.

I've seen trailers and caravans being taken on cctv and the men in the white transits just

hooked a chain round the towing hitch and drove off with it..

I would use a big padlock and chain to a ground anchor and make it hard to get too with a still saw.

Remove the wheels and fit a tracker if possible.

I've seen trailers and caravans being taken on cctv and the men in the white transits just

hooked a chain round the towing hitch and drove off with it..

I would use a big padlock and chain to a ground anchor and make it hard to get too with a still saw.

Remove the wheels and fit a tracker if possible.

Unfortunately they use cordless grinders these days, quicker and quieter and smaller than stihl saws, I agree removing the wheels is probably the best bet and just make it generally hard for them to get to it or keep it hidden and out of sight if you can, but If they want it they will have it.

Ouch did they cut the chains/Clamps off?

Chains were cut, anti shear, expensive, trailers were gone, no sign of the clamps.

Obviously stolen to order, two really nice flat beds, but left stock trailers, a sheep handling system and other stuff they could of lifted onto the trailers.

I'm not sure what I'd do if the alarm did sound, I'd walk over and get crippled by a couple of thieving violent itinerants.

I'm no shrinking violet, I'm not a big chap but I can handle myself, not against 3 blokes at night who have nothing to lose though.

I'm not sure what I'd do if the alarm did sound, I'd walk over and get crippled by a couple of thieving violent itinerants.

I'm no shrinking violet, I'm not a big chap but I can handle myself, not against 3 blokes at night who have nothing to lose though.

Get the biggest torch you have and just keep scanning the area in the hope they scarper empty handed.

2 drag two trailers away they must have been a few of them with vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has a Bulldog lock, one wheel chained through its spokes to the side cage and is blocked in by a car...and I still worry.

I also have loads of photographs of specific anomalies i.e. welded joints, marks, weld splatter, should I see one local. OK they can remove things and paint but these sort of things are normally left untouched.

Edited by B25Modelman