Hello from Cambs

R6demon

Hi Guys, having just recently decided to get into SG from air rifles I thought I would finally register as I have been a 'Lurker' for many years - the wife has just got her SGC and we are ready to buy our first gun - so expect many 'stupid' questions!!

We are just outside St Neots in the countryside :)

Hi guys, sorry I didn't get any notification for the replies, I did think it odd!

We have just picked up a Lanber sporting from WabbitBosher (Mick Volkes) yesterday,a throughly nice chap!! Unfortunately we haven't been able to get out this weekend and have a play :(

All I need to do now is find somewhere to get some Carts from, any suggestions for online suppliers? :)

Masmiffy - We are in Abbotsley if you ever fancy a brew? Andy - its an open offer!

Do either of you shoot at Reisley or Warelsey?

Hi mate thanks for the offer may well pop over for a natter one day, im in Buckden.

Personally dont shoot clays, you cant eat em ;)

Sporting targets at Risley sell cartridges as does the clay ground at Brampton, heres their link http://www.highharthay.co.uk

Was going to suggest you had a word with Mick about getting a 'starter gun' hes a top bloke and has some decent stuff at great prices.

Dont forget to sort some shooting insurance out!

Edited by masmiffy

Thanks for he link Masmiffy!

We nearly bought a house in Buckden, it's a lovely place! I know the chap who runs the brewery there!

What are you shooting and where, are there any shoots locally that we could get involved in (that aren't £500 a day!!)

I've been doing pest control for the local farmers over our way for years with the Air rifle but want to ask about the SG before taking that out!

No worries never been myself but heard its ok.

I am biased lived here all my life. I know his wifes family small world eh?

I shoot air rifle, shotgun, rimfire and centrefire so a pretty mixed bag and varied quarry.

I beat on a quite big local shoot and do some part time keepering on another small local one.

Prob need to have that cuppa and chat at some point eh?

• 2 weeks later...