Carb cleaner?????

eastdevon

Had a friend round for a cupper after blasting a heck load of clays up farm, we were cleaning our guns and he commented on what I was using for cleaning the bore of the barrel. His words were something like why you spending ya money on that (browning bore foam) when carb cleaner is alot cheaper and easier to get! Is carb cleaner ok to use as a barrel cleaner?????? I have a hatsan pump and mainly use fibre wad cartridges if this helps.

Carb cleaner won't leave any lasting protection it's designed not too leave any residue..... GT85 is less than £2 a tin...... Legia is £8-12 for a big can? Carb cleaner is £3 a tin ? Over a year you might save £5? Is it worth it? Depends on how much you value the £5

Edited by HDAV

Be careful i used some super solve and various carb cleaners in the past and you could watch the guns rust after use,oiling straight away is a must. Its also not good in contact with your wood or camo stocks.

Cleanzoil and napier ultraclean does all i need