SGC renewal: problem with GP

As BASC suggest, if the police haven't heard from your G.P within 21 days then they assume no news is good news.

But their in lies part of the problem their could be many reasons why the GP has not replied within 21 days and does no reply deliver the goal of this process that is improve safety for one and all.

The agreement by the shooting organisations to this process with lack of agreed fees and who paid for what was doomed to failure from day one it was not going to take a brain surgeon to see how the GPs were going to react given the never ending pressure on them by the government to do more for the same or less.

The shooting organisations should be hanging their heads in shame and sorting this mess out quickly.

Can't see as you can blame the shooting organisations for doctors ripping the **** with their charges.

Guess i'm just lucky with my GP and not had to put it to the test. 3 of us in this house renewed various tickets this year and not a peep from anyone - police or doctor.

Exactly, I don't think any GP would listen to any shooting sports association. The home office would need to set the rules.

I would be more than happy paying £100 for a sgc if I knew that it would include full cooperation by the GP to fulfil the criteria set out.

Why would doctors listen to anything a shooting organisation has to say?

They won't and not many seem to listen to the BMA either and with govt pressure on gp services increasing they are in no way going to accept additional workload for other depts.

It's a ludicrous situation but gp surgeries are business and can apply fees for their work most are contracted to the NHS but not all, medical s for hgv/psv licences have long been astronomical but you can go to a seperate provider not just your NHS GP, same for medical s for race licensees etc you can pay your gp but u can go elsewhere, the issue I see is why when an SAR costs £10 does a go letter cost £100?

Well I am happy to be proved wrong but I thought that during the discussions that took place to increase the licence fees and allow access to the medical records that on the table was a ten year licence and that the shooting organisation, home office, gun trade association and BMA were all in on the discussions.

Exactly, I don't think any GP would listen to any shooting sports association. The home office would need to set the rules.

I would be more than happy paying £100 for a sgc if I knew that it would include full cooperation by the GP to fulfil the criteria set out.

That's how it should have been agreed one fee for all and yes a sensible fee that would also allow applications to be completed within 2 months.

As it is we have ended up with the worst possible outcome.

im just doing my renewal now with linconshire.

on my forms it clearly states that IF................ and ONLY IF they need a full medical report then that is down to YOU to cover the cost .

if THEY need a full report over the term of your ticket ( in other words , if something gets flagged up by your doctor ect ect ) then THEY will cover the full cost .

personally i feel thats fair enough .