Cheeky buyer's

Dougy

I had a laugh today, someone came round to have a look at a rifle I am selling. Wearing a nice top with what seemed like his breakfast and dinner remnants from this year all down the front.

Not a problem of course they need to inspect it and make sure I'm not selling a duffer. But when they start and tell you what they are going to do with it when they get it home, and expect you to knock off the said cost's of there chosen semi custom butchery job. It's time for me to stop being a sensible kind of person. And his mate's seen them £150 Cheaper so why look at mine thats clearly advertised with the price.

It's back in the cabinet lol, they walked off mumbling it's only worth what people are prepared to pay.

Oh and it turns out he was a RFD and has more guns than me. Ooooo lol

Yes and you can't afford it !!! Have a nice day. And merry Christmas.

I'm selling a few guns and mate has uthree times offered me £300 for a Leoupold 'scope and then the following morning handed me 100 and asked how much I wanted for it! I reminded him he'd offered me 300. He's just been on the 'phone to ask me when we can meet as he has another 150 for me! I know exactly what he's intending. He is counting on the fact I will just accept it, and that I wont question he's just decided to give me 250 in total. He is wrong. We may fall out. :)

I'm selling a few guns and mate has uthree times offered me £300 for a Leoupold 'scope and then the following morning handed me 100 and asked how much I wanted for it! I reminded him he'd offered me 300. He's just been on the 'phone to ask me when we can meet as he has another 150 for me! I know exactly what he's intending. He is counting on the fact I will just accept it, and that I wont question he's just decided to give me 250 in total. He is wrong. We may fall out. :)

Just don't let him take it before he's parted with the full amount and you can't fall out ..

Its odd isnt it that people will turn up at your house and just because they have made the journey expect you to roll over. On the flip side the other day a chap came up to buy my HW 60J ,17 HMR, looked at it liked it and got me to take him to the local cash point and paid the asking price straight off absolute pleasure to deal with.

I do personally get fed up with haggleing for guns, I put on at a price after checking gun trader and the like thats fair why some people believe you suddenly then want to knock 20% -50% off that price I dont know. Its even worse when they think you have some obligation to drop the price just because they have travelled a distance to see it!

I had a laugh today, someone came round to have a look at a rifle I am selling. Wearing a nice top with what seemed like his breakfast and dinner remnants from this year all down the front.

Not a problem of course they need to inspect it and make sure I'm not selling a duffer. But when they start and tell you what they are going to do with it when they get it home, and expect you to knock off the said cost's of there chosen semi custom butchery job. It's time for me to stop being a sensible kind of person. And his mate's seen them £150 Cheaper so why look at mine thats clearly advertised with the price.

It's back in the cabinet lol, they walked off mumbling it's only worth what people are prepared to pay.

Oh and it turns out he was a RFD and has more guns than me. Ooooo lol

Yes and you can't afford it !!! Have a nice day. And merry Christmas.

What sort of RFD would buy guns at retail price to try to flog on?

What sort of RFD would buy guns at retail price to try to flog on?

I think he was a wana be gun dealer. Seen a few before, a load of tat bought from auctions in there gun room converted garage.

Very little research into price's or he had a quick read of his bs book.

I find it quite funny really, glad I don't see many folk like that in my time. But it does give you a sense of how the other 1/2 live.

A few years ago, I was selling some tools. An idiot turned up and bored me to death with his plans. He then said he needed to go to the nearest cash machine - never returned. Fast forward a couple of years and I saw some tools advertised in Blackpool.

Swift trip to seaside to find the very man - who didn't recognise me. I spent probably an hour examining every spanner and socket. I went into great detail about my plans for their usage. A friend who was with me said afterwards that he thought I had gone mad. My friend is a member on here (grasscutter) and probably still winces.

After an enjoyable hour, I asked him where the nearest cash machine was and departed.

A few years ago, I was selling some tools. An idiot turned up and bored me to death with his plans. He then said he needed to go to the nearest cash machine - never returned. Fast forward a couple of years and I saw some tools advertised in Blackpool.

Swift trip to seaside to find the very man - who didn't recognise me. I spent probably an hour examining every spanner and socket. I went into great detail about my plans for their usage. A friend who was with me said afterwards that he thought I had gone mad. My friend is a member on here (grasscutter) and probably still winces.

After an enjoyable hour, I asked him where the nearest cash machine was and departed.

But what if he comes back to your place again?

Guest cookoff013

I once had a gun for sale in a shop. A Beretta 2 yrs old. Love nick. Near mint. Asking price was £850. I had offers that were so silly. One offer was so offensive. It was in the magnitude of 10s of pounds.

When someone then tries to shove notes at you. It is very insulting. Having £50 "ready" money, thrust in your face for a high value item is very insulting.

It got snapped up one week later, full price.

I had a fella pull up to look at a car I was selling and the first thing out of his mouth (before he got to even see the car) was "you needn't think I'm paying the asking price" in quite an arrogrant foul mouthed tone, so I told him to xxxx off.

He was most upset I didn't want to play his game and eventually got the hint the front door wasn't going to open again and he wasn't welcome.

I understand he had travelled a cosiderable distance too. Manners cost nothing.

I had a fella pull up to look at a car I was selling and the first thing out of his mouth (before he got to even see the car) was "you needn't think I'm paying the asking price" in quite an arrogrant foul mouthed tone, so I told him to xxxx off.

He was most upset I didn't want to play his game and eventually got the hint the front door wasn't going to open again and he wasn't welcome.

I understand he had travelled a cosiderable distance too. Manners cost nothing.

I had a couple like that turned up to look at a Land Rover I'd advertised at £2,500, they offered me £1,000 having told me what a pile of wombat's droppings it was. I replied that as it was that bad I'd better take it to the scrap yard where they'd give me £300. The guys responded that they'd offered me £1,000, £700 more than the scrap yard would give me. My final reply was that it would be worth the £700 not to have to sell it to them. I was quite pleased that they'd driven some distance (to try to cheat me).

A week later a decent bloke turned up and paid the full £2,500, in return I filled the back with spares I no longer needed which I had been going to sell separately and he drove away very happy,.

People just don't know how to haggle in this country. It is *fine* to negociate a price, but there are rules.

+ First you need to be genuinely ready to pay the full price

+ Negociate on *real* issues you find. Or for example if you buy two items

+ Once price is agreed, it's *agreed*. There's nothing worse than someone who renege on his handshake

+ Pay promptly, be polite and friendly, and courteous. A bit of banter is fine, as long as it's respectful...

I like a bit of haggling, if it's fair both ways!

My sister put a Sony sound system on evil bay, mint condition. The rear speakers had not even been unpacked nor had the rear speaker receiver unit.

Some guy messaged her saying he would buy one of the speakers for £x. She replied with " I'm selling a 5.1 not a 4.1 so jog on" Its like putting a vehicle up for sale and have someone offer to buy one wheel. Where do they come from???

Anyhoos I bought it from her for the asking price against which she gave me a good discount.

I used to get this the other way around . Man walks into the shop with a gun to sell tells me how wonderful it is and how much its worth then asks me to buy it .I'm a dealer so I have to make money ,make him a sensible offer ,less than his value of course and I'm accused of being a bandit /thief/ crook .

I used to get this the other way around . Man walks into the shop with a gun to sell tells me how wonderful it is and how much its worth then asks me to buy it .I'm a dealer so I have to make money ,make him a sensible offer ,less than his value of course and I'm accused of being a bandit /thief/ crook .

This is a case where I *will* haggle, if I bring in a gun for part exchange. I mean, the seller gets margin on the sale of the new gun, and margin on the gun he takes on, so there is a bit of play there...

Recently I poked at the idea of part exchanging my B25 B2C, but the RFD would only give me 1700 for a gun that sells for about 2500 on guntrader... So in this case I just didn't cut the deal at all, I'll sell it privately..

Recently I poked at the idea of part exchanging my B25 B2C, but the RFD would only give me 1700 for a gun that sells for about 2500 on guntrader... So in this case I just didn't cut the deal at all, I'll sell it privately..

When you do decide to let it go let us know how much you're after and what it's choked, etc.

Please do be aware that there's several very nice ones at dealers for sub £2K............