insurance

pigeonbasher1

Here is a quick question.My lad is selling one of his cars next week but he still has a month to run on his insurance to get another years no claims. Would you just keep quiet and let it run? It is not as if he is going to claim is it.

I had the same thing one year so I rang the insurance up and they said make up a number plate for a mini 1000 and leave it running

Leave it running-ESP if part ex at a dealer as it might sit on a forecourt for a while and not be insured by another party.

It took Aviva 9 months to ask us why a family car was insured by my wife and my mother on separate policies.

Was told this isn't allowed as only one policy per car...

Leave it running-ESP if part ex at a dealer as it might sit on a forecourt for a while and not be insured by another party.

It took Aviva 9 months to ask us why a family car was insured by my wife and my mother on separate policies.

Was told this isn't allowed as only one policy per car...

This is something that I have thought about before if say you had a car and you wanted a friend or member of your family to use it but you did not want to put them on your insurance for whatever reason how would that work if it was done through different companies would they no Jaymo was both of them with Aviva.

As they are always so keen to tell us that the person who owns the car may not be then one that is on the log book.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Here is a quick question.My lad is selling one of his cars next week but he still has a month to run on his insurance to get another years no claims. Would you just keep quiet and let it run? It is not as if he is going to claim is it.

I am a bit puzzled you say that he is selling one of his cars that would imply that he has several other cars are they all insured if so has he got a multy car insurance or am I going up the garden path with this.

This is something that I have thought about before if say you had a car and you wanted a friend or member of your family to use it but you did not want to put them on your insurance for whatever reason how would that work if it was done through different companies would they no Jaymo was both of them with Aviva.

As they are always so keen to tell us that the person who owns the car may not be then one that is on the log book.

Yes

Both Polocies were with Aviva.

Initially my mother had the Policy running then almost 8 months in as my wife was popping over and needing a car we thought it best to get her own ins on it to keep her ncd going and not affect my mothers policy if she had a 'ding'.

Was at renewal time that we both received letters to say the car was insured twice and that this was not allowed.

Simple solution was to change my wife's policy onto our other car as my ins was also due for renewal....

Tell you what, it never used to be this difficult before 'technology' came about- each year was spent going through a few companies in the Yellow Pages looking for the best deal.

I am a bit puzzled you say that he is selling one of his cars that would imply that he has several other cars are they all insured if so has he got a multy car insurance or am I going up the garden path with this.

No his has 3 but they are all insured individually but the one he is selling will get his 2 year bonus first.