Where would you take a new shooter?

David BASC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickley Hall in Cheshire for the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners and stands with several traps on them from beginner to the more experienced shooter.

Doveridge - for the layouts they have from beginner to experienced shooter.

Fauxdegla near Llandegla good choice of layouts and disciplines.

West midlands shooting ground great for the targets they put on, pity they only have open practice on Tues afternoon / nights depending on season.

Owlshoot Target Club,

Prospect Lane,

Rixton,

Warrington,

WA3 6EH

www.owlshoottargetclub.co.uk

A friendly club with a warm welcome.

The club has sporting layouts and a brand new DTL range. (All shooting stands are undercover)

I taught my mate to shoot there, cant recomend it highly enough.

North Cotes were by a mile the most newbie friendly place I have seen. Free tuition, a few traps set up purely for 'first birds', drop a text in advance to make arrangements. An utterly fantastic place.

There after Brandesburton have a cracking selection of targets, about 200 in total I'd wager. Some nice and simple and some real swine.

What's this? Sponging ideas and data from the house membership as to where to take newbie potential shooters on some two bit shooting experience that is a fund raising project? Does someone need a new Range Rover?

Harsh

If after lessons and the like,

Bywell in Northumberland

If after somewhere to go and have a go then us at Widdrington Gun Club in Northumberland,

Small, friendly, we have people that will keep you right safety wise (CPSA trained) and non pressurised

:shaun:

What's this? Sponging ideas and data from the house membership as to where to take newbie potential shooters on some two bit shooting experience that is a fund raising project? Does someone need a new Range Rover?

Maybe seem a bit harsh ☹️️

Sadly basing my comment on recent experience

I have to agree ☹️️

All the best

Of

Not sponging ideas - asking fellow shooters their views is exactly what forums are all about - if you do not want to interact then don't

BASC are not raising funds through this, unless of course more people come into the sport then we all win.

Must say I get dam sick and tired of the silly comments about Range Rovers at BASC - there are not any!

If anyone has an issue with something they think BASC has or has not done, then the best way to get it resolved in not to post cryptic messages on forums high jacking posts that evidently you have no interest in, but to get in touch with me directly, and I will do all I can to help

For those that have interacted in this positively thank you very much, and I am sure the grounds you have recommended would thank you too

David

Not sponging ideas - asking fellow shooters their views is exactly what forums are all about - if you do not want to interact then don't

BASC are not raising funds through this, unless of course more people come into the sport then we all win.

Must say I get dam sick and tired of the silly comments about Range Rovers at BASC - there are not any!

If anyone has an issue with something they think BASC has or has not done, then the best way to get it resolved in not to post cryptic messages on forums high jacking posts that evidently you have no interest in, but to get in touch with me directly, and I will do all I can to help

For those that have interacted in this positively thank you very much, and I am sure the grounds you have recommended would thank you too

David

I phoned the department and they weren't interested

And your rite this is the wrong place

My apologies

Mid Wales in Powys was excellent when we started. Nice instructors, excellent people, very welcoming, and a huge selection of guns to try for fit. The reason we picked up the sport my wife and I is very likely entirely based on the the fact we were so well cared for there.

And still are! In fact, going to have a brush-up there tomorrow and try their new compak layout.