Skeet Low 6

nicknsd1978

Hold point level with the front of the stand then ad three feet,when the clay comes shoot the nose of it as ed said needs nothing this will give you plenty of time on pair for high bird,as for pairs shot the single low in the pair's the same as the single hold point and kill point the same,hope this helps

P.s if your hold point is out to far you will find your chasing the high on the return

I'm guessing my hold point is to far out. I have been holding square to the base line and then bringing it out slightly more. I think I'm then moving too soon when I see the flash of the bird....someone said to try holding closer but when I do this I find I'm chasing the bird....I think 25 shots on this stand alone will help do the trick

I'm guessing my hold point is to far out. I have been holding square to the base line and then bringing it out slightly more. I think I'm then moving too soon when I see the flash of the bird....someone said to try holding closer but when I do this I find I'm chasing the bird....I think 25 shots on this stand alone will help do the trick

If I'm too close to the trap, I also end up chasing the bird if I 'look' at it, and that always lead to imprecise shooting; I know the really excellent skeet shooters take them all out of the trap, but at the level I am, I've decided recently to relax a bit and take them lightly later; and my score went up as a result.

For quite a while my holding point was mid-way to the trap pretty much on all stations, now it's more like 70% to the midpoint, and that also gives me better kills on the pairs somehow. I feel more 'in control'...

But, I'm /definitely/ not an expert, nor a coach! :-)

Keep your hold Point out a little further, but look back towards the house. If you hold too close you will be moving the gun too much and shoot infront of the bird. When you see the movement of the bird mount your gun towards the centre touch the bird then BANG big ball of dust. Easy.

So shooting 22 at skeet....what are your scores like at sporting? I know it'll vary depending on the ground

I haven't really done much shooting this year, certainly not in the last 4 or 5 months. The last time I shot a "proper" 50 birder was N&DGC about 3 months ago, 37/50.

I've found that despite, or perhaps because, I haven't been shooting much that I've shot well (by my standards) on each occasion I've ventured out. I didn't keep score on the 25 I shot on the sporting at Whitewater but I didn't miss more than 5 or 6. And when I went to Pinewood about a month ago again I shot very well.

Not sure if it's because I've been fired up to go or because I've shot alone or with just one other person and have therefore maintained concentration better than when I used to shoot with a large group.

I always had an issue with this, shooting straight after to straight, until this station.

One day a kind coach who just happened to shorting in my squad ( Les Bradley) told me to start with my barrels below the flight of the bird, then just come to it......this worked for me and then made 100 straight so I'll always be grateful for those kind words