benelli sbe 2 problem

rookstorm

Just bought a new gun above and sometimes when i load it and pull the trigger for the first shot it just clicks and the cartridge in the tube underneath pops back under the breach,any ideas , ive alos fired a shot and the two cartridges in the tube both come back and jam under neath , im using 2 3/4 inch cartridges

If it`s brand new give it a thorough strip and clean, especially the inertia spring inside the bolt to remove all the packing grease.

What you`re experiencing is oft termed the "Benelli click" - Google it! - and is caused by the bolt not correctly engaging.

With an SBE 2 it also pays to read the operators manual carefully since the manufacturers recommended loading sequence is actually different from a gas operated semi.

Hope this helps.

I suspect your treating it with kid gloves and letting the bolt go forward gently,this does not allow the bolt head to rotate properly and close the bolt fully. Clean it and a bit of lube on the slide-rails and then push the button and let the bolt slam forward. Don't put the gun on the floor or foot stock down as a slight knock can cause the bolt to click open a little and same click will occur.

I suspect your treating it with kid gloves and letting the bolt go forward gently,this does not allow the bolt head to rotate properly and close the bolt fully. Clean it and a bit of lube on the slide-rails and then push the button and let the bolt slam forward. Don't put the gun on the floor or foot stock down as a slight knock can cause the bolt to click open a little and same click will occur.

This.

You must let the bolt slam forward into the correct firing positon. I think this is just new gun itis.

Put some heavy loads through it with lots of oil on the action.

Had one for years with very few problems.

The mechanism is totally different to the gas operated weapons.

Read the manual thoroughly.

I have a Franchi 612 VS and Franchi they are a sister company to Benelli , using the same reloading system and many of the same parts. I too had your trouble until I watched a Utube video on how to load the gun. Put the first two shells into the magazine then the third shell in the chamber allowing the bolt to snap shut hard. Since loading this way I have had no more trouble.

Had the sbe2 now from new approx 4 years, also had this problem, as well as the barrel blacking in my opinion was c##p, rusty on the marsh, action no problem! After reading the u.s websites ,bought a new stainless stock spring , carnt remember the company, but do different springs for different jobs, since replaced no issues and the barrel redone by Hydrographics of York , in a black , military coating, looks really nice and not one sign of corossion in 2 years.....

mind you that even 'playing' with the lever might dislodge the action and caus clicks.... hence why i hate Benellis and have a collection of old Beretta 300 series... trusted, reliable, efficent and secure guns ...

I love the look of them, and maybe even hanker after one. But the idea of this 'click' really puts me off!

Don't put the gun on the floor or foot stock down as a slight knock can cause the bolt to click open a little and same click will occur.

How do you get round that sitting in a hide for a few hours? Does it affect your M2 as well?

• 2 weeks later...

No problem you just place it down gently butt first it takes a tap on the butt for the bolt to dislodge and you don't realise as you pick it up you tap the bolt handle forward to check as you slide your hand along the to the friend and mount to shoot.

Very good guns that just keep working.

Actually dropped mine straight down this morning butt pad first it slid through my gloved hand climbing over a fence and it ejected the cart when the butt hit the ground, I still had the barrel between my fingers. Just reloaded and took a shot seconds later.

Edited by figgy

I`ve abused my Benelli SBE2 on the marsh and in in the pigeon hide for the best part of ten years and never experienced the Benelli Click or any other malfunction for that matter.

It`s really down to being aware of it and managing the bolt accordingly.

I`ve owned or shot most of the other autos available over the last 45 years and wouldn't swap my SBE2 for any of them.

[quote name="figgy" post="3191450" timestamp="1483536077"

Actually dropped mine straight down this morning butt pad first it slid through my gloved hand climbing over a fence and it ejected the cart when the butt hit the ground, I still had the barrel between my fingers. Just reloaded and took a shot seconds later.

Loaded gun whilst climbing over a fence?

Edited by IEH

Yes loaded gun while climbing over a fence at no point was the barrel pointing anything other than a safe direction, straight up I also cross bridges and stells and creeks with a loaded gun as I can't shoot an unloaded one. The safety is always on.

I had a similar problem with a brand new M2 a few years ago, tried the heavy load route, went back to Benelli/Gunmark twice which didnt solve the problem.

Sold the awful thing and bought 3.5 Maxus and have not regretted it, great gun only thing it wont cycle are 21g Hull Comp X

I had a similar problem with a brand new M2 a few years ago, tried the heavy load route, went back to Benelli/Gunmark twice which didnt solve the problem.

Sold the awful thing and bought 3.5 Maxus and have not regretted it, great gun only thing it wont cycle are 21g Hull Comp X

My M2 suffered from cycling problems out of the box. Went back to GMK and came back cycling almost everything (and still does). It was like a different gun. They're fantastic when they work.