finally got him

remmy1100

in the summer i was working one of our pine woods when a mink ran along a bank,the two farmers i told said no way been a cat need to get eyes tested,then i caught it on trail camera and they believed it ,last few days the trap has been catching well had 4 greys in it then today looked in to see him curled up felt sorry for him but my mate didnt and duly dispatched him.

post-2392-0-16605700-1482517755_thumb.jpg

If you get too close try getting it out of your clothes :lol: I've trapped and had dogs on a fair few with a couple of real big ones. The biggest weighed in at just over 8lb. Big dog mink it was that would have made you cross the street on a dark night :lol: also had a fair few break out of traps by bending the bars on big cage traps. Most effective way I found was a raft with a trap on it and some drainage pipe cut in half covering it with no bait, there too curious :lol:

If you get too close try getting it out of your clothes :lol: I've trapped and had dogs on a fair few with a couple of real big ones. The biggest weighed in at just over 8lb. Big dog mink it was that would have made you cross the street on a dark night :lol: also had a fair few break out of traps by bending the bars on big cage traps. Most effective way I found was a raft with a trap on it and some drainage pipe cut in half covering it with no bait, there too curious :lol:

jeez, I was a full time mink trapper for several years but never saw one half that weight

Well done when the *** hole animal libaloons released a few thousand from the mink farm in Staffordshire years ago it devastated the local wildlife long may u catch n dispatch the evil creatures

True also in Warwickshire but never a mention when the conservationists whinge on about lack of water voles etc?

Worked on a trout farm for 7 years or so so I'm presuming it ate a lot of our trout :lol:

Had a few other big dog mink but never anything that size since

Hi Hendrix I thought the Mink must have eaten a lot of stocked trout :yes: , shame you didnt keep the pelt as it is a truly outstanding animal, we caught well over 2000 mink but none even half that weight, TBH im glad :lol:

Worked on a trout farm for 7 years or so so I'm presuming it ate a lot of our trout :lol:

Had a few other big dog mink but never anything that size since

Hi Hendrix I thought the Mink must have eaten a lot of stocked trout :yes: , shame you didnt keep the pelt as it is a truly outstanding animal, we caught well over 2000 mink but none even half that weight, TBH im glad :lol:

I'm thinking Otter :lol:

Just kidding :whistling: