pigeon and duck

yickdaz

out today looking for pigeons on the rape found birds on a few fields walked them off from one field 300 got up in one big flock and disappeared. drove to the next field with around 300 again on it different flock this one though just sat in the trees and dropping in on the rape no birds flighting in at all which was unusual with a good wind blowing

didn;t want to cart all the gear over to the spot so we split up me at one end of the field at a tall spinney just stuck the rotary out and stood in it the rape is 18 inches tall so didn't bother with decoys old fella was at the other end 500 yards away at some small oaks they always sit in it was after 1pm so only a few hrs was on the cards and that's what it gave us a few hrs flighting we managed 30 between us, I had my eye on a duck flight on my local pond so left him to it the light was fading so had to get there fast so didn't get a pic of the pigeons, 25 mins later I was in position at the pond within minutes a teal came round I dropped that but for the life of could not find it then the mallard started to come in pairs and packs of 4 and 5 had 2 right and lefts at mallard it was a great flight finishing with 6 mallard and 1 teal unpicked could of shot more mallard and teal but felt I had shot enough so come away from the pond very satisfied

post-21887-0-05980000-1482605064_thumb.jpg