Stupid stupid cars

HDAV

So I am sat at the side of a rural road right now with a hole in the side wall of the front near side tyre and no spare as the spare wheel well is taken up by a battery!

Audi you are a bunch of cheating *********** and I will never buy one of your cars!

They all seem to give you this can of sealant now.

I had the same thing by engine problem

A few months ago late at night in sussex

found the foam not a lot of good for this! AA subby got us back to where we are staying but now have to hunt around tomorrow for a tyre and then get it fortunately have relatives here who can give us a lift to get a new tyre if we can find somewhere open and with tyre in stock....

post-21278-0-26440100-1482800442_thumb.png

Edited by HDAV

One of my post Xmas day tasks was to remove the wheel with puctured tyre off my son's partners new Fiat 500X (2016).

Fortunately when asked I ALWAYS take a hydraulic jack, socket set, plenty wood blocks, and toolkit but thought I would see what comes with the car anyway. I previously knew it had no spare but looked at what other tools it did have as standard.

1. Jack - NO.

2. Wheel bolt wrench - NO

3. Wheel bolt cover removal tool or implement - NO

4. Wheel lock bolt adapter - YES (2 off) plus a spare set of bolts. All in a nice plastic box.

5. Cross point screw driver - YES (not sure what it's for)

6. Plastic funnel - To be used for fueling the tank in an emergency.

There is also a slip cap over the lock bolt which had to be removed with long nosed pliers - NO special tool for that jobby.

Anyway wheel off and found a wood screw inserted through the tyre.

This is the second puncture in as many months.

PS. When I purchased our Skoda in 2014 I ordered the spare wheel kit, at £120, because they were not supplied with the vehicle. It has hung, UNUSED, in my garage for almost 3 years.

Further too, when I purchased my 2 1/2 year old VW last January it had a full size, new, alloy as a spare. The wheel had been used and the seller said he had removed it soon after buying the car because it kept going down over a week or so. Both he and the supplying garage could not find the reason for this. So it got thrown in the boot as the spare. Why ohhh why the owner did not request the dealer replace it I don't know. Anyway I pumped it up, place it in my wheel barrow full of water and hey presto...a faulty alloy casting, leaking on the inside surface. I zapped off a home shot video to the supplying dealer, because the car had 2 months warranty remaining, and they replaced it FOC. They were excellent and had the new rim the following day I sent the email. This vehicle came with a full wheel removal kit along with the gel repair kit.

Edited by B25Modelman

Ah yes, "space savers" - another brilliant idea! - not.

You take the space saver out of its stowage and fit it to the car... now... where are you going to put the full-sized wheel that you just took off? Will it fit where the space saver was? If so, why wasn't there a full sized wheel in there in the first place? And what do you do with the space you saved? Why, you fill it with more luggage or load - so there's definitely no room for a full sized wheel, unless you leave some of your possessions by the roadside. :no:

Doug :rolleyes:

Edited by termin8r

found the foam not a lot of good for this! AA subby got us back to where we are staying but now have to hunt around tomorrow for a tyre and then get it fortunately have relatives here who can give us a lift to get a new tyre if we can find somewhere open and with tyre in stock....

God you must have a strong finger to poke it rite through the side of you tyre not a very bright thing to do though. :lol: :lol:

My car comes with a space saver but it doesn't fit the front due to big brakes!. So if you get a front puncture you have to put front wheel to back then back wheel goes on the front then take the flat tyre wheel from the back and put space saver on the back lol. All that using one of those piddly scissor jacks!

Was at a garage must be the only one open today here waiting for tyre to be fitted (thankfully staying with relatives who lent me a car so I could go and get a tyre) and AA van arrived with a guy and no car dropped wheel in fitting bay while owner went in to pay for a tyre..... so go back now and refit it

The company I work for are similar, you are not allowed to change the wheel on a company car, vehicle or your own while used for business purposes.

Seen the RAC 6 miles up a forestry/hill track to change a wheel before and they weren't happy as it took them a hour of travel once they arrived on site so to speak off tarmac up forestry roads getting lost, even though they had gps co-ordinates..

I have my own car, so if it happens to me, looks like I will be stopping for 'lunch' and magically when I get back from lunch, tyre will be changed..