A very proud dad

roadkill

A very proud dad I am today, my lad was invited to boys day on the shoot I keeper and not only was this his first shoot day he has only ever shot at the Clay ground.

Waiting on the first drive

DSC_0035_zpshnzsqzym.jpg

First shot of the day and his first ever bird in the bag

DSC_0031_zpszpzuavyb.jpg

One very proud dad

FullSizeRender_zps01lds4a7.jpg

But some things don't change as muggings still gets to clean his gun

DSC_0041_zps9nlf9al4.jpg

This day will stay with us both for the rest of our lifes

Roadkill

Excellent , and to get a cock bird with his first shot at driven game you must have taught your lad well and you and your boy can both be proud with your achievements .

I cant remember all the details of the first pheasant I got , but I know it wasn't a invite , wasn't flying and most probably it wasn't legal , although that was more than 50 years ago so I might now qualify for a queens pardon :lol:

That's awesome! My late grandfather remembers my first partridge he says it was one of the best shots he had seen and the bird fell at his feet. I was only 13 at the time, he passed away a few years ago now but he remembered right up until his last days and it was amazing as he couldn't really recollect much else but knew me as the grandchild who shot the best partridge he had ever seen. That memory will stay with me for as long as I live much like your special day with your son. Hope you make many more together!

[quote name="marsh man" post

I cant remember all the details of the first pheasant I got , but I know it wasn't a invite , wasn't flying and most probably it wasn't legal , although that was more than 50 years ago so I might now qualify for a queens pardon :lol:

Very similar to mine MM......questionable circumstances!! the only slight difference being......my first pheasant was flying! Lol!

Roadkill, for people who love shooting, this is the ultimate satisfaction! Passing our passion and enjoyment of the sport on to the next generation.

Well done to both of you - cherish the memory.

I myself had one of each - a son and daughter, my boy is an anti and my daughter loved country sports, shooting, ferreting and all dog work.

thanks all, sounds like my two. My son loves it but my daughter wouldn't do it. She only likes to look after the birds and shoot clays but doesn't entertain shooting anything else