Solway calls

wildfowler.250

Greart calls, have 3 of them including a decorative one illustrated with pinkfeet.

Just to say there were a couple of posts on Eddies facebook page about current production, may be best to drop him a line

Thanks!

Not sure mate , the pinkfooted goose call on its own is probably the best call you could ever buy, they are outstanding.

Not heard his greylag call , or combination one , I'm still on a greylag 0lt 800 , providing I don't loose the end !

Like you did 😣

Thanks for that! Yes still upset about that.. I've been pinching the one I bought for my brother instead as I can't bring myself to buy anything else!

One thing that I have found with my Solway Greylag call is that it isn't particularly loud, and chokes up when you put a lot of air through it.

Cheers for the replies folks. Ordered one after pinging him a few fb messages. Will let you know how I get on with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Call came in today. Grand service. Greylag call is very easy out of it. Pink is pretty good as well but takes a bit more effort

Funny that I found the complete opposite to that. I have the double reed call from when they first came on the market. For me the Pink sound was very easy to get the hang of but not so the Greylag.

I cant comment on the one soley dedicated for greylag but they would need to be a very good call to better the Greylag Hammer both in sound and ease of use.!

I cant comment on the one soley dedicated for greylag but they would need to be a very good call to better the Greylag Hammer both in sound and ease of use.!

My friend had the hammer, he found it hard to get the right sound, he's ended up with the Solway Greylag call and loves it.

It's a bit subjective, a bit like one musician liking fender guitars, and another not getting on with them and preferring Gibson.

My Solway Greylag will jam if blown too hard,bit of a swine as my Goozilla Canada call needs a good old blow to get it to work so changing from one to other can get frustrating when they show up, you make one squeek then the other locks up. Think I'll have to get another Canada call.

Edited by figgy

My Solway Greylag will jam if blown too hard,bit of a swine as my Goozilla Canada call needs a good old blow to get it to work so changing from one to other can get frustrating when they show up, you make one squeek then the other locks up. Think I'll have to get another Canada call.

Has your Solway call reed got a small centrepunch "pimple" impressed on it? I understand this was done to later models to prevent the reed sticking!

Faulk's Honker. Excellent sound and easy to use. Killed me many a Canada.

https://www.amazon.com/Faulks-Game-Calls-H-100-Honker/dp/B0009TTO8Q

Edited by Penelope