Dat out on new years eve.

fse10

Had a day out with essex wildfoweling on new years eve had a few teal & widgeon found it odd that only myself & shooting buddy had duck call's. There wasn't many duck about as there was on our last visit there but the ones that where resonded well to our calling & don't think some of they guns near us would have had many shots if not for us. but still better to be out on the marsh then stuck indoors. Only let down was the fact the permanent hides some are close to each other which might not have been an issue apart from the guy next to me shooting at the ducks i had called in, not a problem if they are near him but some of his shots would have been to far for a 4bore let alone a 12.& the fact he had shoot at a cock widgeon which he missed, which i then hit well & then he shoot at it again as it was dropping on to the marsh the other side of the creek then claimed the bird. Which i was a bit mifed at as have never shot a cock widgeon before but did not say anything as would of got myself kicked off the marsh. So will have to hope to bag one on my next visit

Hope all you chaps had a good new year.

Atb FSE.

Edited by fse10

Sound like an exciting visit to your chosen marsh fse10.

I don't spend a great deal of time wild fowling in other peoples company so it might not have appealed to me, but hard luck on the duck that should have been yours.

As for the other guys not having a call , perhaps they did as you only need to call when and if necessary and to much calling is not only annoying to your near neighbours .but totally unnecessary and can have the reverse effect of calling them in range., anyhow GOOD LUCK on your next visit.

Had a day out with essex wildfoweling on new years eve had a few teal & widgeon found it odd that only myself & shooting buddy had duck call's. There wasn't many duck about as there was on our last visit there but the ones that where resonded well to our calling & don't think some of they guns near us would have had many shots if not for us. but still better to be out on the marsh then stuck indoors. Only let down was the fact the permanent hides some are close to each other which might not have been an issue apart from the guy next to me shooting at the ducks i had called in, not a problem if they are near him but some of his shots would have been to far for a 4bore let alone a 12.& the fact he had shoot at a cock widgeon which he missed, which i then hit well & then he shoot at it again as it was dropping on to the marsh the other side of the creek then claimed the bird. Which i was a bit mifed at as have never shot a cock widgeon before but did not say anything as would of got myself kicked off the marsh. So will have to hope to bag one on my next visit

Atb FSE.

I reckon you ought to join one of the wash clubs. ;)

Atb FSE.

That's the problem going out on mass. Why don't you join a local club instead of paying for the odd trip?

That's the problem going out on mass. Why don't you join a local club instead of paying for the odd trip?

That's what i'm thinking for next season :yes:

Note if he brings his calls

Only gave a few calls on the teal call when i could see birds moving over the marsh going to drop in to the creeks a few calls & they would turn & come to look to land in the creek in front of me. Had a quite a few come in to land. If i had put decoys out could of shot a lot more. As you could see birds looking for the ducks they thought was calling.