Winchester SX4

WinchesterDave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy a bigger bolt handle and big release button, plenty of after market stuff out there. About time they brought out a new one as the old one was losing out to newer models by the competition.

Be nice to know just what they have done to improve it.

A read of the blurb on Winchesters website states the pistol group is slimmer a bigger bolt handle and release button the internals are the exact same parts but now align easier for reasmbly and the balance has been moved forward and the overall gun is lighter.

Not worth upgrading from a SX3, they can't really improve on the design.

Edited by figgy

A love my sx3 had it exactly a year now been great had about 3000 cartridges through it but jammed solid new years eve the bolt has come half way back and just jammed solid looks like it's tried to extract the spent cartridge looks I looked inside with a pen light looks like sum things brocken off trigger unit bit it's going back to shop Saturday and being sent to winchester under warranty a was shocked more than anything when I saw what had happened as the gun has been faultless and never been cartridge fussy

Just buy a bigger bolt handle and big release button, plenty of after market stuff out there. About time they brought out a new one as the old one was losing out to newer models by the competition.

Not worth upgrading from a SX3, they can't really improve on the design.

True, easy to get the same results aftermarket. Only the larger trigger guard that can't be done, and that doesn't bother me. I'm not sure about losing out to newer models though. Certainly not on functionality, cost/value for money etc. This is maybe just a case of a face lift for the vain?

I too was wondering if it's a new model or a facelift. I had an SX3 Red Performance, and sold it to get a competition o/u... i regret it now as i no longer shoot comps. I miss the fun of the auto. I've got the SXP now, but it kicks the s@@T out of my shoulder compared to the SX3.

Suppose one good thing about the SX4 is the price of the SX3 is coming down, and maybe an increase of SH ones available? I see Kelbrook are doing brand new black shadow SX3's for £650!!

I've got an SX3.. it sometimes jams with 28g clay loads and I miss having a magazine cut-off from previous semi autos. It is kept clean. Any tips on stopping the jams would be helpful. I was going to check how straight the rat-tail at the back of the breech block is, and take off the stock to clean & lube the spring tube which is at the back of the action. It has a the grey action & synthetic stock. My son shoots it very well.

I've got an SX3.. it sometimes jams with 28g clay loads and I miss having a magazine cut-off from previous semi autos. It is kept clean. Any tips on stopping the jams would be helpful. I was going to check how straight the rat-tail at the back of the breech block is, and take off the stock to clean & lube the spring tube which is at the back of the action. It has a the grey action & synthetic stock. My son shoots it very well.

What carts?? Mine wouldn't cycle compX 28gram everything else fine