WinchesterDave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Review here http://randywakeman.com/The2017WinchesterSX4Puzzler.htm

He does not think much of it

Still waiting for the Remington V3 to come here , superior to the Win SX range

Been reading up on Remington on the American forums, not all good things about them, every manufacturer these days seem to have their share of faults. Best just pick what you like look and feel of and hope you get a good one.

Has anyone got an sx4 yet? Our local supplier said there is none on the system at browning in Europe and if folk are taking deposits they aren't likely to be able to supply yet!

Interested to see one as I'd lik two see if the loading port on the 3.5" is the same as the newer style maxus

Interesting, I was told that they are on the shelf ready to go in Belgium..

• 3 weeks later...

Had a look at a SX4 today with the wood stock, the action looks a lot nicer and the elongated bolt release is nice. The wood looked false on it, don't know what the coating on it was but it didn't look nice. The synthetic is better.

Just bought one today from Derby countryman, came up really nicely in my shoulder. I purchased the SX4 field with the wooden stock it came with 3 chokes, 2 shims and a Winchester trigger lock. I thought it was very reasonable price at £675 and the chap said that he sold out of the first lot he had in within a few days and this was his last SX4 field in stock. He also said that the price would be going up in the near future. I will update with performance of the gun when I get out and about.

• 2 weeks later...

My mate brought one from The Countryman of Derby, SX4 Field. First outing and the bolt handle came out - lost!

The gun was returned to Winchester who replaced the handle, but the new one also comes out far to easy.

He tried a couple of new guns on display, and they too came out with minimal force.

He now loads the gun and removes the bolt handle - not ideal!