Ms J Menzies's Fernmoss Gold Dust of Gournaycourt handled by Mr J Bailey

Mr I & Mrs L English's FTCh Broadmefarm Beau handled by Mr A Bennett

Mr R Claydon's FTCh Kingscott Robson

Ms A Jones's FTCh Centrewalk Willow of Episcopi

Mr I Openshaw's Ardcaein Fall of Delphaven handled by Mr S Brewer

Mr D Rayner's FTCh Woodash Quaver

Mr I Openshaw's FTCh Endowood Cork

Mr N Cannn's FTCh Countryways Alice of Craiwarn

Reading the online news today and it seems like a certain Mrs. E Windsor of London is coming under scrutiny. Her pedigree cocker is reportedly a little bit on the sprocker side :whistling:

Trouble is it ain't on it's own, this has been going on for years nothing new really except one man had the balls to speak out.

Who lost?

There's DNA tests to 'prove' it albeit they're not supposed to be 100% accurate but a collection of samples sent in from known cockers, sprockers AND springers were tested with only

microchip numbers to differentiate between them and came back correctly. It's a minefield with far reaching consequences....

You can't help but wonder why if he has nothing to hide he doesn't just say 'Go for it, DNA test my kennels' and be happy that he can stick two fingers up at his accusers and take THEM to court.....

Edited by bigbird

I'm also amaze the the KC or Field trial committee are so against dogs microchips being scanned at FT's.

All dogs need to have a chip now (esp working spaniels being docked) so really would be no big deal to scan dogs on entry.

Thing is scotslad that in this instance money talks, I think both you and I have said that the trailing world is is ruining the good old working line in springer cockers and labs, it won't change whilst judges are placeing dogs just because of who owns them. The KC have made thing worst than ever by ignoring what's been going on under there noses, microchiping scanning each dog at a trail should be mandatory, that way we won't have two different dogs running under the same name at two different trails.

When you consider that Cockers originate from English Springers bred at The Aqualate stud it is going to be very difficult to DNA test for a true pedigree Cocker.

Perhaps the Scottish gentleman has been feasting upon too much Sturgeon ? and has become delusional.

Cocker is today a breed standing on its own, and you are quite correct that they derive from the springer, but if anyone infuses any other breed into them today and runs them dogs a cockers then they should be banned for life and any awards trophies should be forfeited, I should think that's obvious to a true sportsman/woman.