So where is the remain campaign now?

Vince Green

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not just that prices are rising sharply due to the fall in the value in the pound to dollar ratio, goods are getting harder to get. Something simple like tangerines have been impossible to get in my local town for weeks from English stores . The all we can get are tasteless clemtines , but the European shops like Audi still have them. tried to get a tide table from 3 different shops this morning . none had them in stock. I wanted cherry jam unable to get anywhere execpt Audi and so on.Petrol prices are skyrocketing at a time when the world price is still quite moderate because of the pound exchange rate. And to say Nick Clegg has been silent is not true. I have seen him at least 6 times on the TV news this week along with several remainers on programs like Newsnight. As for the FTSE may of the leading firms that are leading its rise work their finance in $ so a strong $ and a weak pound will boost their profit without having any difference in output from the factory.

All I can see for the future is our living standards going into free fall if the looney leavers get their way and we say goodby to the EU. Brexit is for the rich not the working man.

Looney leaver here, who is your proof reader and are you going to sack him?

Wot. no jam. No tide tables. No tangerines. God forbit it. Get yourself round to the corner shop straight away. You know the foreign one, they'll have them.

Its not just that prices are rising sharply due to the fall in the value in the pound to dollar ratio, goods are getting harder to get. Something simple like tangerines have been impossible to get in my local town for weeks from English stores . The all we can get are tasteless clemtines , but the European shops like Audi still have them. tried to get a tide table from 3 different shops this morning . none had them in stock. I wanted cherry jam unable to get anywhere execpt Audi and so on.Petrol prices are skyrocketing at a time when the world price is still quite moderate because of the pound exchange rate. And to say Nick Clegg has been silent is not true. I have seen him at least 6 times on the TV news this week along with several remainers on programs like Newsnight. As for the FTSE may of the leading firms that are leading its rise work their finance in $ so a strong $ and a weak pound will boost their profit without having any difference in output from the factory.

All I can see for the future is our living standards going into free fall if the looney leavers get their way and we say goodby to the EU. Brexit is for the rich not the working man.

Wow, I knew some would swap a kingdom for a horse...but a Tangerine! Oh what price must we citizens pay for freedom...oh the horror. :lol:

Try going to a supermarket instead of a car garage, you may have more luck 😋

The remain campaign know that our dithering, prime minister was a big remainer, the same person who banned the 360k water cannons that boris ordered, on the grounds that a rioter may be hurt, sorry, I have absolutely no faith in this person, you will see when the judges uphold the brexit appeal, it will be getting on for a year, the public will be bored and she will still be dithering.

Brexit is getting on for 7 months now, but its still just a word. Her honeymoon period is long over, couldn't even battle for grammar schools. :no:

Not sure I follow the logic of saying Theresa May is dithering. She stated more than once that we are leaving, unless your timetable was vote one week - out the next. :whistling:

Didn't she state she would invoce article 50 in March?

How can people complain that we haven't left when we haven't even reached that date?!

You seem to be forgetting the small matter of the court case, the fact that those that wish to scupper democracy have galvanised and strengthened in this time, all of this nonsense, yet the legalities have shown, that article 50 was only a mechanism put in by the EU, we could have been gone ages ago, nothing was stopping us but a smokescreen, with billions in our bank and a clear picture ahead.

Its called striking when the irons hot, but she doesn't get that.

Believe me, millions of people are thinking the same.

You saw what the EU think of her, and how they blanked her, we needed to be gone, and we could have been.

You seem to be forgetting the small matter of the court case, the fact that those that wish to scupper democracy have galvanised and strengthened in this time, all of this nonsense, yet the legalities have shown, that article 50 was only a mechanism put in by the EU, we could have been gone ages ago, nothing was stopping us but a smokescreen, with billions in our bank and a clear picture ahead.

Its called striking when the irons hot, but she doesn't get that.

Believe me, millions of people are thinking the same.

You saw what the EU think of her, and how they blanked her, we needed to be gone, and we could have been.

You are aware I assume that once Article 50 is invoked, there is a 2 year period of negotiation before we officially leave? Have a look at this article - it will explain the procedure..http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/the-mechanics-of-leaving-the-eu-explaining-article-50/

You are aware I assume that once Article 50 is invoked, there is a 2 year period of negotiation before we officially leave? Have a look at this article - it will explain the procedure..http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/the-mechanics-of-leaving-the-eu-explaining-article-50/

Why are we pussy footing around for two years, just tell them to like it or lump it, or words to that effect.

Why are we pussy footing around for two years, just tell them to like it or lump it, or words to that effect.

Agreed, if they won't give us what we want in terms of a trade deal tell them no 2 year exit strategy and we'll trade with the rest of the world, the damage it would do to the entire euro zone would be huge, they haven't done us any favours have they. They don't like it that their cash cow is walking away and no amount of toy throwing or feat stamping is going to work this time.

I'm one of those migrants that came to Britain 6 years ago. I'm originally from the Netherlands, so I didn't come here for economical reasons (my partner is Scottish) and I have noticed that the UK as a whole is in many ways poorer than the Netherlands. We are already geographically an island and I'm afraid we'll become that economically as well. In my opinion the Brexiteers jumped into the deep end without even knowing if they could swim. Doing business with the EU countries will become much more difficult and dearer and if we do, we still have to abide by the EU standards and regulations. The only thing I can think of that Britain produces and successfully exports is whisky, all the rest can be produced by any other country. The only way I can see a successful Brexit is that all countries step out of the EU and it stops to exist, otherwise I'm afraid the UK will become even more poor than it already is.

I know all about it, its been done to death, the point I am making is that these are the processes that they, the EU, wish you to go through, none of it is necessary, its designed to slow it all up, and complicate something that is actually easy, its like when Ireland dident vote to ratify the Lisbon treaty, they were told to go away and have another go until they vote yes. People that believe that it has to be done this way, are believing nonsense. If you seriously think that come march, May will have this under control as instructed by the referendum, then you will be disappointed.

I'm one of those migrants that came to Britain 6 years ago. I'm originally from the Netherlands, so I didn't come here for economical reasons (my partner is Scottish) and I have noticed that the UK as a whole is in many ways poorer than the Netherlands. We are already geographically an island and I'm afraid we'll become that economically as well. In my opinion the Brexiteers jumped into the deep end without even knowing if they could swim. Doing business with the EU countries will become much more difficult and dearer and if we do, we still have to abide by the EU standards and regulations. The only thing I can think of that Britain produces and successfully exports is whisky, all the rest can be produced by any other country. The only way I can see a successful Brexit is that all countries step out of the EU and it stops to exist, otherwise I'm afraid the UK will become even more poor than it already is.

I respect your views but I think you are talking rubbish, or do you have a crystal ball?

its like when Ireland dident vote to ratify the Lisbon treaty, they were told to go away and have another go until they vote yes.

That actually happened twice; Nice and Lisbon treaties were both initially rejected and then revoted on later.

I respect your views but I think you are talking rubbish, or do you have a crystal ball?

No I don't have a crystal ball pal, and nobody does in the case of Brexit. I'm just skeptical about the whole thing and I just hope I'm totally wrong. Time will tell ...

Edited by McCloggie