Hello from York

craig2002

Hi, not quite a new member, but thought it was about time I said hello, rather than just being a voyeur!!

I'm new to the sport and luckily have managed to gain a decent permission a bit further up North Yorkshire. - about an hour away and mainly rabbits! Not sure if there's anyone else from round these parts on here? always up for learning if anyone fancies a shooting buddy and happy to travel a bit for decent shooting!!

Cheers,

Craig

That's not far at all mate, I did my HNC at whitwood many moons ago, quite regularly work round that way too, wakefield/leeds/cas etc. Plenty to go at in that area. Quite often see people out lamping when I'm on nights (I'm an engineering train driver so see places at times others generally don't!), especially round knottingley/ponte

Thanks for the welcome BTW.

Welcome from Norfolk, (not the island, the bit that sticks out on the east coast) spent lots of time in France but never been to your islands, I heard the fishing was brill but didn't realise you actually had something to shoot at as well, well well well, are you sure they are not our pigeons just making a flypast, keep us posted with your exploits and bags, great stuff :lol::lol:

Hi

Once you get your ticket take a look at the local grounds for York area.

Park Lodge shooting school is expensive but has nice coffee.

Humberside is excellent.

Mick Jackson is honesty system (pay per cartridge) and has something for everyone at Monckton shooting ground.

Take a trip to see Chris Caine at Pocklington for guns.

N.

Hello and thanks nnorman32 I've been told pock guns are very good, I wasn't even aware they existed until the last month and my dad lives about 50yds away!!

Monckton shooting ground is definitely on my list. I've just messaged a local rifle range as well, so fingers crossed I can get some tuition and experience there. Cheers