not been updated

kody

Had a call from firearms depo about a shotgun I sold a few years ago nice lady

Said we know you sold it but font know where it went can't trace it

I said I did notify you by the normal form and I have a copy of it sent recorded gun sold back to shop

Thankyou for that she said but we havnt updated your records for 4 years

So now I email them evey few years to give them an update on top of the notifications

Had a call from firearms depo about a shotgun I sold a few years ago nice lady

Said we know you sold it but font know where it went can't trace it

I said I did notify you by the normal form and I have a copy of it sent recorded gun sold back to shop

Thankyou for that she said but we havnt updated your records for 4 years

So now I email them evey few years to give them an update on top of the notifications

I had a similar thing. Once, when my FEO came to check up on my firearms, due to a renewal, he asked me to show him a shotgun. (which I sold a few year before) He said that there were no records of me informing them of the sale, so good job I had a copy of the sale transfer, and a copy of the email from them confirming that they had received the letter I sent them regarding the sale. I also ask them to email me when they have had notice of any transaction etc.

same with me 5 years ago, renewal came up,said where is one of my guns i said sold it.to a chap on here i sent the form off but they had moved office and and not up dated the address.it was all sorted out in the end, and got me renewal though ok.cant wait till july this year ,

Edited by mossy835

Nice to see that the whole of the licencing is still as disorganised as before.This is becoming to common of an occurance and a clear indication that the whole licencing department need a proper review.We can not even think about a 10yr renewal with it in the state it's in today.Talk about unlicensed firearms getting into the hands of criminals, they don't even know where the legal ones are.I wonder how many SG/FAC holders have had their licences revoked or fined due to no fault of their own?

This is appalling the amount of certificate holders that are reporting the same issue across the county.I don't think the excuse of 'oh we haven't updated our records for 4 yrs' is acceptable at all!Especially when we can be threatened with prosecuted if we don't comply within the 7 working days timescale.

In a time when we are getting increasing pressure on shooting from everywhere,I find it really disturbing that the licencing authorities that are there to reassure the general public can't even get their house in order.The days of shooting are numbered,but when we don't even have a well policed licencing department,then I'm afraid to say we are well stuffed.

I retired from shooting in Nov 15,handing in both SG/FAC,but remember when my son waited 9 mths for his SG/FAC to come through. On the home visit the FEO was surprised when I asked for I'd!After all I said you are going to get access to my cabinet and my guns (shared guns as son was only 15 so usEd my guns).I then nearly dropped when he said "oh are you a certificate holder? My reply was "what have you been doing for the passed 9mths?.I even joke "please tell me your just taking the ****".

Edited by Davyo

4 years is just ridiculous. Tbh anything over a month isn't really acceptable.

Make you wonder how many 'floating' firearms there maybe where one force has logged the disposal or sale from a holder but the force of the recipient hasn't logged that the gun has been bought/received.

Hell, if it's been 4 years you might have bought a gun then sold it again!

Funny I had the same experience with tvp

I moved from TVP to Northants in June 2015,five months after notification Northants finally did an FEO visit.

I discovered that the info passed over from TVP to Northants on what what shotguns I and my wife possessed was way out of date. Fortunately I had copies of every email notification I'd sent them regarding sales and purchases.

TVP are IMO an absolute shambles.